Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cit Double Cash WEMC - Does Have Full WEMC Benefits

tag
joesbrat67
Contributor

Cit Double Cash WEMC - Does Have Full WEMC Benefits

I was considering doing a PC on my Citi DP to a DC, but grew reluctant when I heard that some card holders were getting cards issued as WEMC, but not able to access WEMC benefits.

I called Citi CS and they did confirm (1) that all DC cards are, in fact, issued as WEMC, and (2) these cards have FULL access to WEMC benefits.  If there's an issue accessing these benefits, you should contact Citi CS.

For international travel, the DC card does NOT waive FTF.  For that, it is recommended that you apply for either Citi TY Premier/Prestige or one of the AA Travel cards.

As my Citi DP was enrolled with the promotional 0% APR for 21 months (which runs out in early August 2017), I will PC at that time.

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: Cit Double Cash WEMC - Does Have Full WEMC Benefits

@joesbrat67 wrote:

I was considering doing a PC on my Citi DP to a DC, but grew reluctant when I heard that some card holders were getting cards issued as WEMC, but not able to access WEMC benefits.

I called Citi CS and they did confirm (1) that all DC cards are, in fact, issued as WEMC, and (2) these cards have FULL access to WEMC benefits.  If there's an issue accessing these benefits, you should contact Citi CS.

For international travel, the DC card does NOT waive FTF.  For that, it is recommended that you apply for either Citi TY Premier/Prestige or one of the AA Travel cards.

As my Citi DP was enrolled with the promotional 0% APR for 21 months (which runs out in early August 2017), I will PC at that time.

Well, #1 and #2 cannot possibly be true, in my experience. I have two Citi Double Cash cards, and neither are WEMCs. They are simply 'World Mastercards.' One was a direct application, and the other was a product change from the Citi Thank You Premier WEMC. Additionally, they are the only Mastercards I have that do not have flexible spending limits. 

Also, did you ask about specific benefits that you heard were missing, or did you leave the question broad? I ask because of course a CSR is going to confirm that their products aren't lacking any benefits or features if there's no indication of the contrary...

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a D.C. With a woefull $2500 CL. It's a WEMC. 

Message 3 of 32
joesbrat67
Contributor

Have you tried contacting Citi CS to inquire as to why the cards were not issued as WEMC?  From various posts I've read, other card holders had the same issue, who rectified the problem by calling and having the cards re-issued.

As for how the DC WEMC cards get reported (as FSA or not), i can't speak to that.  

I specifically mentioned the issues that people had using the concierge service, and Citi CS advised that if a card holder had an issue using that service, they should call CS to help correct the problem.

Hope this helps!

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Message 4 of 32
joesbrat67
Contributor

Have you tried to increase the CL?  You can do it online, or call Citi CS and ask a CSR to help you.

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Message 5 of 32
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Is there a certain benefit you are concerned about? A lot of people have said that while their DC may say "WEMC" on it they do not get access to all of the benefits. I highly doubt a Citi rep is going to confirm that some benefits aren't available but it has definitely been reported before.

That said, I still see no reason not to do the PC when you are eligible, as you aren't losing anything by giving up the Diamond card.

Message 6 of 32
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

I have two DC cards from Citi. Both were as a result of Product Changes. Also both cards had a CL of below $5,000 at the time of the PC.

As the limits have grown however CITI had reissued me full WEMC cards in both cases. One of my limits is now $12,000 and the other is now $6,500. Not sure about WEMC benefits as I haven't tried to utilize any account where a specific WEMC benefit would be applied. 

I also have a Citi Hilton Honors Visa Sig with a CL of 25k. I had to initiate a couple of hard pulls and manual reviews to get the card to that limit. I've stuck to the soft pulls for the DC cards, and thus they limits have grown more slowly.

All in all I use the DC cards as much as possible to get the 2% cash benefit. I've tried to change my spending habits with all of my cards specifically to yield the most benefit as possible. The DCs are working out pretty well right now...

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 7 of 32
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

+1 CreditEd
Also mine was issued WEMC also limit in 5 digits I have used some of the benefits, I did learn that Citi has it's own Concierge service you use instead of the MC one, at least that's what I did. and mine shows up now as Flexible Spending Account.....

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joesbrat67 wrote:

Have you tried contacting Citi CS to inquire as to why the cards were not issued as WEMC?  From various posts I've read, other card holders had the same issue, who rectified the problem by calling and having the cards re-issued.

As for how the DC WEMC cards get reported (as FSA or not), i can't speak to that.  

I specifically mentioned the issues that people had using the concierge service, and Citi CS advised that if a card holder had an issue using that service, they should call CS to help correct the problem.

I was on the original group who got onto the DoubleCash card when it launched.  With a high 700's score and medium utilization, they gave me a $10k limit on a normal World Mastercard.  Fast forward 2-3 years, and after 2-3 card replacements, I got a WEMC just a few months ago.

I believe one benefit to Citi is that the WEMC may have a slightly higher merchant swipe fee.  This is not proven and an assumption/guess.

Citi does have some attractive benefits.  The WEMC travel service, aka Carson Wagonlt, is not something I think I'd ever use as I have access to a web browser and fare/hotel comparison sites.

My SO has her own DoubleCash, and it's a WMC.  I do recall trying the WEMC benefits out in the Mastercard mobile app sometime last year, but the WMC was at that time not recognized.

I'm not terribly excited about my DC WEMC vs the DC WMC.  If I traveled internationally frequently, I might get a WEMC that supports Android Pay, Chip+PIN, has travel points or cash back and no FTF, if such a card exists.

Message 9 of 32
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Is there a certain benefit you are concerned about? A lot of people have said that while their DC may say "WEMC" on it they do not get access to all of the benefits. I highly doubt a Citi rep is going to confirm that some benefits aren't available but it has definitely been reported before.

That said, I still see no reason not to do the PC when you are eligible, as you aren't losing anything by giving up the Diamond card.

I think op wants to make the most of the remaining 0% promo period on their DP before they PC to the DC, with that said I agree about Citi reps not confirming that benefits aren't available, nothing to be gained there. 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.