Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus Card

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citizens Bank Cash Back Plus Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Regional cards don't get as much traction because so much of the country can't get them. Most of the good regional cards are for the eastern states and completely cut off central and west. 

checking accounts are regional, but their cards aren't....

Message 11 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Regional cards don't get as much traction because so much of the country can't get them. Most of the good regional cards are for the eastern states and completely cut off central and west. 

They try to get them out there for anybody. It might be due to a small marketing budget for the card.  I have a Propel card, but no branch anywhere nearby.  But that also applies to Citi. Wells is bigger than Citizens, but they aren't well known at all here. Everybody knows Citibank.

It is hard to find a regional bank with a decent card without name recognition. Some people out west may not have ever hear of Citizens. 

Message 12 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

checking accounts are regional, but their cards aren't....

I guess Citizens is unique there. Regions, BBVA, PNC, FNBO, TD, etc., are all regional on cards too. 

Message 13 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They try to get them out there for anybody. It might be due to a small marketing budget for the card.  I have a Propel card, but no branch anywhere nearby.  But that also applies to Citi. Wells is bigger than Citizens, but they aren't well known at all here. Everybody knows Citibank.

It is hard to find a regional bank with a decent card without name recognition. Some people out west may not have ever hear of Citizens. 

My bad, I guess this was my assumption that this card was like the other regional cards so I didn't bother with it since we don't have any branches here. 

Message 14 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regional or not even the big names have blackholes for branches.

If you're a credit junky you've heard of the players in the market through researching the approvals section.

Citizens is kind of "basic" and odd when it comes to 1.8% rewards.  What's the point of the missing 0.2% or even being bold to gain market share with a 2.5% instead?  There's nothing really appealing about their product   Sure 5% is a novelty and then it gets tossed aside for lackluster value beyond the next few months and the delayed payout will deter many as well.

Message 15 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My bad, I guess this was my assumption that this card was like the other regional cards so I didn't bother with it since we don't have any branches here. 

The only reason why I got a Propel card is because I have a 401k with them, and their card popped up on their website when I went in to log in.

Message 16 of 47
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Nashville and Jacksonville have become the tax avoidance escape hatch for the Northeast and the rust-belt.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The only reason why I got a Propel card is because I have a 401k with them, and their card popped up on their website when I went in to log in.

And see, Wells Fargo is all over here so I would think it odd not to have heard about the Propel. 

Wells Fargo, US Bank, Chase and KeyBank make up the bulk of the big banks here. Only Wells Fargo is actually ranked higher for business in CO than our regional bank, 1stBank, though. 

Message 18 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of them just within the last 5 years, but never would have looked at their credit card offerings until I saw Propel about a year ago.

I guess someone in the west could go for a best rate car loan on LendingTree and get an offer from Citizens bank. Then at some point see their credit card when they go to log in to make a payment. 

Message 19 of 47
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Nashville and Jacksonville have become the tax avoidance escape hatch for the Northeast and the rust-belt.

possibly, but careful on talking about this or this could cross one of the 5 things we don't discuss on the forums.  Thanks

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.