cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

su11ivan18
Valued Member

Comenity cards and recent frustrations

I have 2 cards with them (Bed Bath & Beyond / Overstock). I was lucky that I paid off my acccount before the website issues and there was no impact for making a payment. Now the 2 months and going w/o reporting. Anyone going to close their cards due to this? Thoughts? I’m keeping them but no interest in using them at this point out of frustration.

current 
01.01.17  

Message 1 of 160
159 REPLIES 159
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

I also have 2 cards with them. Dont sweat late reporting a lot of cards do it. i see many of my various cards 1 or 2 months behind. one of my comenity cards the bread cash back amex is 2 months old and hasnt reported yet, also penfed is one of the snails in that regard, at least with me.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1000/ kohls 3000/ discover IT cb 5500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 2500 /first savings bank cc 2500/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /comenity rewards mc 3k, Penfed PCR signature visa 7.5k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 15700/bread cashback amex 6k

>/ nfcu platinum 3k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
Message 2 of 160
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

No I won't close my Zales card, but I'm definitely not getting anymore Comenity cards, nor am I using my Zales card anymore. I'll just pay off my promo balance and leave it open for padding.


Last App: 9/22/2022
American Express Platinum Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 3 of 160
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

They'll hopefully get their system and rebranding sorted. There's no need to close. Take advantage of the card perks, just PIF before statement close.

Message 4 of 160
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

Personally I find their payment websites the easiest to use when it comes to simplicity. Too bad I don't really use the (2) that I have.


Message 5 of 160
su11ivan18
Valued Member

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations


@blindambition wrote:

They'll hopefully get their system and rebranding sorted. There's no need to close. Take advantage of the card perks, just PIF before statement close.


Yes, exactly how I'm thinking as well

current 
01.01.17  

Message 6 of 160
su11ivan18
Valued Member

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations


@OmarGB9 wrote:

No I won't close my Zales card, but I'm definitely not getting anymore Comenity cards, nor am I using my Zales card anymore. I'll just pay off my promo balance and leave it open for padding.


Yes, pretty much exactly how I'm treating the situation as well. 

current 
01.01.17  

Message 7 of 160
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

@su11ivan18BB&B are closing 150 stores. On the news yesterday. Just saying.




Homeowner since Sept 2020. 2021 Explorer ST Chase 3.1%. Sharing my experiences after BK from learning here. Started 540's.
Message 8 of 160
TryItAgain
Regular Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations

I got an email a few days ago...Screenshot_20220903-211230_Gmail.jpg

 

I'm like **bleep**, I use it every 6 mos to keep buffer alive, 27k limit. So I quickly logged in and still said open. 

 

I then purchased $6 socks to test it, went through fine. Called them they said they sent a lot of emails and cards out and most accounts were closed, but nm I see yours is still open.

 

2 days later, I get this...

Screenshot_20220903-211607_Gmail.jpg

 

What in the world is going on at this bank?

 

Closing new home build in few months, don't want any credit changes right now.

 

Message 9 of 160
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity cards and recent frustrations


@TryItAgain wrote:

I got an email a few days ago...Screenshot_20220903-211230_Gmail.jpg

 

I'm like **bleep**, I use it every 6 mos to keep buffer alive, 27k limit. So I quickly logged in and still said open. 

 

I then purchased $6 socks to test it, went through fine. Called them they said they sent a lot of emails and cards out and most accounts were closed, but nm I see yours is still open.

 

2 days later, I get this...

Screenshot_20220903-211607_Gmail.jpg

 

What in the world is going on at this bank?

 

Closing new home build in few months, don't want any credit changes right now.

 


Sounds like Comenity still can't get it together. 


Last App: 9/22/2022
American Express Platinum Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 10 of 160
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.