cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?

PullingMeSoftly
Established Contributor

Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?

Now a month past 0/12 (but still in lol/24 purgatory), I'm starting to get an itchy trigger finger having kept my powder dry. I'm ready to toss a palladium spade and a pair of F8 850's, but I want to be sure I'm truly going for the right products.

 

I'm very focused on rounding out my 5% rotators (to add to my Freedom VS, Disco, and Affinity FCU cards), and am not concerned with multipliers earning anything less. I'm firmly on team cash back, so I'm not interested in MR/UR points or any travel currencies. I've got non-rotating dining covered with my Altitude GO, groceries covered by the BCP, and uncategorized spend covered with AOD. I'll be going for a 5% gas card soon, but want to get my rotating base established. I'm also far more interested in long term multiplier value and less concerned with sub's.

 

To be sure I make the best decision possible, I want to be sure I'm aware of every possible 5% rotator/selector out there. Please let me know if there's a card I may be missing:

 

I have:

Freedom (original recipe)

Disco IT

Affinity FCU Cash Rewards

 

I want:

Nusenda Credit Union Platinum Cash Rewards (#1 on my target list, the main reason I've been gardening)

US Bank Cash+ (#2 candidate on deck)

Safe Credit Union Cash Rewards (#3 contender)

 

Maybe:

Elan Max Cash Preferred (through Meriwest CU, thinking about establishing a relationship)

Langley FCU Signature Cash Back (1 monthly rotating 5% category)

USAA Cashback Rewards Plus (for 5% on gas during non-rotator quarters)

Abound CU Visa Platinum (also for 5% on gas during non-rotator quarters)

 

Can't have/don't want:

Vantage West CU Connect Rewards (I wish)

PCM CU Platinum Rewards (I wish)

Citi Dividend (not obtainable)

ABOC Platinum Rewards (more of a 3.75% card, sucktastic redemptions, not a contender)

Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards (Although Platinum Honors looks enticing, I don't want to move my assets to BofA)

 

Am I missing some 5% goodness out there? (not including store-based cards, as I already have Target, Banana Republic, etc)









Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?

The Cash+ should be considered for multiples. I have two, and the ability to pick four 5% categories is quite useful. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
Message 2 of 16
PullingMeSoftly
Established Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?


@NRB525 wrote:

The Cash+ should be considered for multiples. I have two, and the ability to pick four 5% categories is quite useful. 


@NRB525 Definitely, I'd love to double up, great suggestion. Was considering the Elan version to get the unique recreation category that combines gym memberships with sporting goods stores.









Message 3 of 16
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?

Let me know the details if you get the safe credit union cash card, not too many details or DP about it

Message 4 of 16
Citylights18
Established Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?

You are missing the Citi Custom Cash card.

 

https://citicards.citi.com/usc/LPACA/Citi/Cards/CustomCash/ATL/index.html?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=58CFEA2...

 

Smiley Happy

Official travel point totals as of 1/21/20 (402,672 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 147,239
World of Hyatt 92,558
Southwest Rapid Rewards 61,000
AMEX Membership Rewards 53,751
AA Advantage 15,244
United MileagePlus 13,316
British Airways Avios 11,332
Hilton Honors 2,081
NASA Platinum Rewards 1883
Citi Thank You 1,670
Marriott Bonvoy 1,350
Expedia Points 740
Jet Blue TrueBlue 285
Delta Sky Miles 123
Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100
Hotels.com Rewards 6/10 ($135.99)
Message 5 of 16
PullingMeSoftly
Established Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?


@TheBoondocks wrote:

Let me know the details if you get the safe credit union cash card, not too many details or DP about it


For sure, will do...the only thing I know so far is that relationship is a big factor (the app asks if you've been a member for at least a year) but I'm curious to see how sensitive they will be with new accounts (if I app with them 3rd after USB and Nus.). The 5% category options appear to be stable as well.









Message 6 of 16
PullingMeSoftly
Established Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?


@Citylights18 wrote:

You are missing the Citi Custom Cash card.

 

https://citicards.citi.com/usc/LPACA/Citi/Cards/CustomCash/ATL/index.html?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=58CFEA2...

 

Smiley Happy


Holy smokes @Citylights18 I didn't know anything about this! Thanks for the tip, I just read @UncleB's post now that you brought this to my attention. Somewhat of a game changer for my app plan. With the $500 per billing cycle ($6k annual) that could be my new gas card right there! Nusenda may then be superfluous in my lineup with the Alt Go and this Citi bad boy. 









Message 7 of 16
dragontears
Valued Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?


@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Let me know the details if you get the safe credit union cash card, not too many details or DP about it


For sure, will do...the only thing I know so far is that relationship is a big factor (the app asks if you've been a member for at least a year) but I'm curious to see how sensitive they will be with new accounts (if I app with them 3rd after USB and Nus.). The 5% category options appear to be stable as well.


A little tidbit about Safe. I opened a savings account last year because I was contemplating that card (for the grocery not the rotating categories as my favorite grocery stores don't take Amex) but my life situation changed and grocery spending went down so it was not worth opening a new card for. Recently (within the last month) Safe has been calling me offering any of their cards without a HP. I didn't accept the offer so can't say if the lack of a HP is real or not. 

Scores hover around 800
Haven't been AZEO in over a year
Rome was not built in a day, neither is a good credit profile
Message 8 of 16
PullingMeSoftly
Established Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?


@dragontears wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Let me know the details if you get the safe credit union cash card, not too many details or DP about it


For sure, will do...the only thing I know so far is that relationship is a big factor (the app asks if you've been a member for at least a year) but I'm curious to see how sensitive they will be with new accounts (if I app with them 3rd after USB and Nus.). The 5% category options appear to be stable as well.


A little tidbit about Safe. I opened a savings account last year because I was contemplating that card (for the grocery not the rotating categories as my favorite grocery stores don't take Amex) but my life situation changed and grocery spending went down so it was not worth opening a new card for. Recently (within the last month) Safe has been calling me offering any of their cards without a HP. I didn't accept the offer so can't say if the lack of a HP is real or not. 


That's a valuable piece of info, thanks! I'll definitely check to see I might get that opportunity, but so far I haven't received any calls/mailers. No HP would totally help me with how I order my apps now that Citi has entered the room.









Message 9 of 16
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

Re: Comprehensive list of 5% rotators...Anything missing?

Great list @PullingMeSoftly, and thanks for the refresher on 5% rotator cards!

 

You're missing a great one.  The Chase INK Business CASH card.  No AF.  Pays 5% in cash rewards on up to $25K annually for office supplies and cable-internet-phone services.  It gets my monthly household cable/internet bill and cell phone bills for the 5% back.   While I know you're not interested in points, I transfer my cash back to my Chase Sapphire Reserve's UR portal for 7.5% value in travel. Smiley Very Happy  

 

I'll have to think if you've missed any others but your list sounds pretty complete, ASAIK.



Length of Credit > 35 years; Total Credit Limits > $500K
AoOA > 27 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2020); Gardening since 08/15/20.
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.