Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Interest Rate reduction

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Credit Card Interest Rate reduction

Did any one try asking and getting the interest rate reduction on their Nordstrom or Santandar Credit Cards? I have balance on these two cards and I want to ask for GW and see if they would reduce the APR so I do not have to do Balance Transfer to another bank card.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Interest Rate reduction

As far as I know Nordstrom has a set APR. Everyone with the card gets it. Unless its the mastercard/visa veraion. Whichever they offer.

Santandar has a variable APR so I would asume a phone call would be the best thing to try. I don't know the bank, but its possible it will require a HP.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Credit Card Interest Rate reduction

Nordstrom is not a fixed APR product for existing customers. If you got a Nordstrom store card recently (not Visa Sig or the reintroduced Platinum Visa) chances are you are at a fixed 23.40. However, If you are grandfathered in it is a four tier APR range. You could probably get reduced down to Tier 1 with a simple phone call.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.