Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Starting Limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Starting Limits

Hello everyone!

What are some credit unions or banks that are simliar to NFCU in regards to credit cards starting limits or cli?

Also, whats are the data points to obtain a credit card with Langley?

6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Card Starting Limits

Here's a great post by AJC Langley Federal Credit Union
Message 2 of 7
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are some credit unions or banks that are simliar to NFCU in regards to credit cards starting limits or cli?

Navy Federal is an outlier when it comes to those high credit lines on multiple cards and with some relationship history.  I'm not aware of any as generous as them for thinner files, lower scores, or credit blemishes.  And by the way, we've seen members who get high approvals with NFCU and then expect all other lenders to follow suit.  However, it seems high limits with NFCU (by themselves) will not necessarily lead to equivalent higher limits with other banks. 

I will mention,though, that another popular target for higher limits (even with less-than-perfect files) is actually AMEX.  See the thread about possibly getting a 3x CLI with AMEX.  Their hierarchy (in terms of ease of approvals) starts with the cobranded cards (like Hilton, Delta), then to charge cards (Green-Gold-Plat), and finally to the more difficult revolvers (like Blue Cash cards or Cash Magnet).

See this link:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/1811071

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I burnt AMEX not too long ago. Currently im in OASIS program. Your statement below said everything. I was just about to burn a pull on langley! Thanks for saving me!

Navy Federal is an outlier when it comes to those high credit lines on multiple cards and with some relationship history.  I'm not aware of any as generous as them for thinner files, lower scores, or credit blemishes.  And by the way, we've seen members who get high approvals with NFCU and then expect all other lenders to follow suit.  However, it seems high limits with NFCU (by themselves) will not necessarily lead to equivalent higher limits with other banks

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy Federal is an outlier when it comes to those high credit lines on multiple cards and with some relationship history.  I'm not aware of any as generous as them for thinner files, lower scores, or credit blemishes.  And by the way, we've seen members who get high approvals with NFCU and then expect all other lenders to follow suit.  However, it seems high limits with NFCU (by themselves) will not necessarily lead to equivalent higher limits with other banks. 

I will mention,though, that another popular target for higher limits (even with less-than-perfect files) is actually AMEX.  See the thread about possibly getting a 3x CLI with AMEX.  Their hierarchy (in terms of ease of approvals) starts with the cobranded cards (like Hilton, Delta), then to charge cards (Green-Gold-Plat), and finally to the more difficult revolvers (like Blue Cash cards or Cash Magnet).

See this link:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/1811071

+1

Message 5 of 7
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

BECU gave me love for a SL.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital Ones certainly isn't with CLI

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.