Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's credit card membership autorenew

tag
Ragdollkitty
New Contributor

Sam's credit card membership autorenew

I knew my membership was about to expire.  I didn't renew earlier because I wanted to maximize credit card rewards for this. 

I see the Synchrony Sam's Club Mastercard for Scan and Go as there a promotion for first year to get 5% back on Scan and Go purchases.

I realized I couldn't renew membership with Scan and Go. I finally decided to use BOA as samclub.com is supposed to count as online shopping.  I could also use UMB for discount stores at Sam's Club.

I noticed my account was signed up for auto renew. It must have just signed me up within the last month as I didn't notice this before.

It's annoying to cancel Auto renew. I couldn't do it in my online account. I couldn't do at the club .  I had to call the number on the credit card.  I chose the call back option, luckily, as it took over 20 minutes to call me back. They called when I was driving so I pulled over.  

It turns out I had to be transferred again and the credit card person was finally able to turn off auto renew. I had to verify a bunch of usual stuff for credit card access (ssn last 4 and mothers maiden name)

I guess Synchrony really wants us to auto renew with their card and get 1% back...

No thanks. Even if I couldn't get better returns with a different card I would never use their auto renew feature now bc they tried to force it on me.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Sam's credit card membership autorenew

Glad you got it cancelled. Sounds like Sync. Hopefully your story can help others avoid the merry go round.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.