Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One

tag
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Credit One

Hello I ha a credit one account for 7 months and I don't wanna pay fee's any more so would it be mad to close it out and I will had money to my bofa secured card I know it's a hp but I think it's worth from $300 to $1,500 limt will show better so by adding money to my bofa and closing credit one will it Effect My AAOA
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Re: Credit One

Sorry useing IPhone Dam AutoCorrect
Message 2 of 17
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

On phone. Quick reply...won't affect aaoa (stays up to 10 yrs from closure), but will affect utilization.
Message 3 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
Hello I ha a credit one account for 7 months and I don't wanna pay fee's any more so would it be mad to close it out and I will had money to my bofa secured card I know it's a hp but I think it's worth from $300 to $1,500 limt will show better so by adding money to my bofa and closing credit one will it Effect My AAOA

How much  is on the credit one card? If you're just closing it down and moving the same amount of money to the other card it won't even effect UTL or AAoA

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

How much  is on the credit one card? If you're just closing it down and moving the same amount of money to the other card it won't even effect UTL or AAoA

MJ is correct. Plus, once you have the $1,500 secured limit for awhile you may be able to get into the Cap1 unsecured card and work your way up from there. 

Message 5 of 17
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Both of my capital one cards r unsecured all ready I have mc quicksilver with $750 and mc $300 and I was thinking of closing credit one cause fees r really high and my bofa limt is $300 wanted to make it $1500 limt
My credit one limt is $300 only
Message 6 of 17
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
Both of my capital one cards r unsecured all ready I have mc quicksilver with $750 and mc $300 and I was thinking of closing credit one cause fees r really high and my bofa limt is $300 wanted to make it $1500 limt

I think it sounds like a good plan.

Message 7 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

My bad. I would be frustrated if I were paying multiple fees for a card when I had unsecured cards already. I would definetly go for the CLI on the other secured and close Credit One. 

Message 8 of 17
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like you've outgrown Credit One already. I would go ahead and close. 

Message 9 of 17
lithium78
Established Contributor

Get rid of the Credit One card as fast as possible.  They are a bottom-of-the-barrel card and they rip you off with their ridiculous fees.  They are a waste of money.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.