Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Power VISA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DC Power VISA

So @Anonymous posted about this in news but I think it could use some exposure here. 

DC teamed up with UMB to make a DC rewards card. It's 3X on select entertainment (movie theaters, cable and internet, and video game stores), 2X on dining and gas, 1X everywhere else. 

The point program is not fantastic. Cash back redemption is $25 for 3K points which makes the points worth .833cpp but the value does go to 1cpp when you redeem for $100 and $50 is .909cpp. 

There are perks like 10% off DCU Universe annual subscriptions, 10% off DC merchandise at shopdcentertainment.com, and 20% off WB Studio Tour Hollywood tickets, merchandise and food. 

Obviously the card designs are the big draw... and I have long said that I would go wild for a Wonder Woman card. Well it exists now. 

0EA9959B-A870-4392-B5B8-8CDD858363B0.png

Since it's backed by UMB, I am curious to see what kind of credit requirements they will have but I did note that their APRs are much higher than they are for the Simply Rewards core card, going all the way to 26.24% which makes me wonder if they are going to be more lenient with this card. 

I am gardening and I am sticking to my commitment to garden but I would be lying if I said I have no interest in this one. It's purely the Wonder Woman fan in me -- I grew up watching the old show with my mom and I loved the movie -- I will fully admit this is a vanity card. 

They have an awesome 80th anniversary limited edition Batman card too. 

463F1A28-F4A1-4FBD-926A-04B8F97D4A17.png

They also have Superman, Flash, Justice League, Harley Quinn, and classic Batman. 

https://dcpowervisa.dccomics.com

Message 1 of 382
381 REPLIES 381
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: DC Power VISA

If i was just into the looks of a card, I would get it. But the rewards are just not worth it for me. I have too many card that are much bettervalue, tgat i am going to app for first.

Is the card with Superman made if steel in honor of the  man of steel?

have always been a bigger dc fan over Marvel.

Message 2 of 382
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Cool looking cards but the value proposition is weak. 2% everywhere cards are a dime a dozen, or 3% for a year with Discover miles etc. 3x points on certain things, with limited value unless you save up a ton, just isn’t a good deal.
Message 3 of 382
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, i could care less about the rewards, i have enough reward cards for my poorselfSmiley Wink. If you are a fan of superheroes or credit cards in general its ok to treat yourself. I definetly would apply but im 100% because of the lender i wouldnt get approved or , i havent checked yet, i wouldnt be able to apply due to my location. Darn it i want my Superman card!Smiley Wink. The B as tman card is sic tooSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 382
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Be interesting to see if a) they offer instant approval (as their other cards don't it appears) b) if they are more credit relaxed think syncrony as they are known to be a conservative bank.  I would think they would have to offer instant approvals or this card will gain no traction also probably b as well being they got to be a bit more lenient on UW as most super hero people probably dont have 750-800 scores.  Be interesting to see a GP datapoint.  I kinda bet they will be cheap on approval amounts as well.  The marvel card outdoes this card, but interesting card none the less.

Definitely a strange lender to team up kinda like overstock MC used FNBO at the time if i remember correctly not a good lender for their client.  Comenity would of been a better pick for them as they couldnt use Sync due to Marvel.

Message 5 of 382
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok guys , this is one of my goal cards , hate me hate i dont care lol , ive aleays wanted a Superman card and i still want an NBA card. Ive already unlocked or unfroze in prep to apply. You only live once . I do have fraud alerts on so that might hurt me and im in a weird location to apply but they do have my location so here goes nothing. Crap, i throw more hps away for nothing at least now im shooting for something lol. My heart struggles with the L.E Batman card as i have no vertical cards and it looks sweet. But i gotta stay yrue to CKSmiley Happy Thsnks @Anonymous for postingSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 382
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Ok guys , this is one of my goal cards , hate me hate i dont care lol , ive aleays wanted a Superman card and i still want an NBA card. Ive already unlocked or unfroze in prep to apply. You only live once . I do have fraud alerts on so that might hurt me and im in a weird location to apply but they do have my location so here goes nothing. Crap, i throw more hps away for nothing at least now im shooting for something lol. My heart struggles with the L.E Batman card as i have no vertical cards and it looks sweet. But i gotta stay yrue to CKSmiley Happy Thsnks @Anonymous for postingSmiley Happy

Let us know the outcome, but doubt it will be instant certainly with a FA on account.  I understand mainly a TU puller from a quick search.  I gurantee they had to make this card more easy to get than their other cards since nationwide and will be a big influx of appliations and their target market segment

Message 7 of 382
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks @CreditCuriosity

Yeah, figured ill prepare all 3 as i have no clue who they pull. For dp, current ficos TU 732 EX 745 EQ 745+ (?)
Message 8 of 382
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Going to eat some popcorn and watch a few apps for this today from our big hitters today going for it and digest their results being instants or reviews and SL's, etc.. All my scores are around 800 and TU only has 3 inquiries in last 12 months which they then to use.  If dp's are favorable who knows.  Some cards I simply don't care about rewards with as I have every imaginable reward card available pretty much.  I think since this is sticking out on the CC forum today their will be some apps from as mentioned the people that collect cards.  @coldfusion  @FinStar  @credit_is_crack  @woodyman100 @Mahraja to come on out and of course yourself to show us what the outcome is Smiley Happy.  This semi hard hitter being me will sit on the sidelines till I see a few DP's Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 382
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok, done. No instant. Just well be in touch messageSmiley Wink. Im so used to hps with zero results im jaded. If i dont get it i look at it positively that at least its not a new tradeline. Im closing in on 3 years aaoaSmiley Wink. If i get it , woo hoo!. I loved all the designs. I have the Avengers though i really want the Ironman card. May call in today to see if i can switch designs. Justice League looks sic too. I think you should do it CC, not often we can get cards that make us happy just having it and holding it. Thats reward enough for me🦸‍♂️
Message 10 of 382
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.