Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Drivers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daily Drivers

Hey guys.

I was just wondering how many "daily drivers'" people carry on a consistent basis in their wallets. By this, I mean cards that are always in the wallet, not those that get rotated in and out.

Right now, I carry AMEX BCP and CITI DC, but am thinking of adding SAVOR back in the wallet, too.

Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Daily Drivers

I value Amex MR points therefore I have my Amex PRG and BBP in my wallet @ all times to accumulate MR points for everyday personal/business spend. I also keep the BofA cash rewards in my wallet to earn some cashback (5.25% gas, 3.5% groceries).

Message 2 of 49
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I've always had a daily driver since my rebuild. It used to be the QS (which is still in my wallet today) but has been replaced with the AMEX platinum. Not as powerful on daily rewards, but I like to keep things simplistic and not chase rewards.

Personal:

Business:

Message 3 of 49
redpat
Senior Contributor

I only carry two cards for personal use EDP and CSR for all dinning (personal & biz) and for non-amex merchants

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this time, I'm making my new NFCU cashRewards my driver for grocery/gas purchases, my newer Discover IT for restaurants (5% cash back to the end of this month), CareCredit for healthcare-related purchases (especially dental, which I've had substantial expenses on this year) wherever it's accepted, and PayPal 2% CashBack MC or Capital One QS Visa for most other stuff.

Message 5 of 49
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

My daily drivers have recently changed, but I carry about 5 with me just in case any specific card is not excepted during international travel. 

New primary goto's:  CSR Visa, Amex Platinum, Citi Aadvantage Mastercard

Message 6 of 49
Medic981
Valued Contributor

I carry Citi DC, Amex EDC, BoA Cash Rewards, and Discover IT. Cap1 QS1 is in the SD.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It (1st year double cashback 5% cat's) I buy giftcards for non cat quarters 

Sam's Club MC (5% cashback on gas, 3% dining) I use for gas only

USB+ (5% utilities & cell phone)

WF Propel Amex (3% travel & streaming services) 

BBVA Compass (2% cash back on everything)

Message 8 of 49
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I have two I carry with me everywhere (including abroad).

1. Paypal Cashback Mastercard (2% everywhere) - (superseded my Cap1 QS MC)

2. Costco Anywhere Visa Card (Gas, Restaurants, Travel)

I also carry my Amazon Prime Visa Signature, as backup. Aside from that, I have the Paypal Business Debit Mastercard as well. If I get approved for the Uber Visa Card, I will add that as well.

Message 9 of 49
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

CSR.

I'm already on a replacement card as it split apart apparently from too much use or something.  Actually sometimes that's the only card I have on me even if I know that's just dumb but I've gone weeks multiple times without swiping a single other card.

        
Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.