Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Discover Card ..

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: Denied for Discover Card ..

I think it's because EQ is reporting your baddie as recent...i got declined for discover more three times already cause of a 5-6 yr old charge off..its showing as recent..it updates every month as CO on my EQ file...but thats just in my case.

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 11 of 29
ceejx
Established Contributor

just tried a 4th recon, and each time the person I talk to from the back-door number just says "We don't do reconsiderations, you will get a letter in the mail and can re-apply in 45 days." Is there someone specific I have to be transferred to?

Message 12 of 29
jpparker07
New Contributor

Look for the backdoor number in one of the permanent posts in the credit forum. I called and was able to recon with a 1000 limit. I had two unpaid baddies but not for 3k. Credit score was 660.

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 13 of 29
ceejx
Established Contributor

@jpparker07 wrote:

Look for the backdoor number in one of the permanent posts in the credit forum. I called and was able to recon with a 1000 limit. I had two unpaid baddies but not for 3k. Credit score was 660.

already did, finally spoke to a supervisor who said that I don't have a long enough history, 4 years AAOA 13 year total history, said that my accounts are too new to determine risk, I showed him that I have 4 loans, each paid off early, and 7 months history on 7 credit cards, and he said because I didn't have a credit card between 2006 and 2012 he can't approve me, but would if I were to get a co-signer, which I won't do. Oh well, I tend to hold grudges, so no Discover for me...

Message 14 of 29
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Did you happen to have a Discover card before and it went to collections?

Or was it with a different company?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 29
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@seigex wrote:

@jpparker07 wrote:

already did, finally spoke to a supervisor who said that I don't have a long enough history, 4 years AAOA 13 year total history, said that my accounts are too new to determine risk, I showed him that I have 4 loans, each paid off early, and 7 months history on 7 credit cards, and he said because I didn't have a credit card between 2006 and 2012 he can't approve me, but would if I were to get a co-signer, which I won't do. Oh well, I tend to hold grudges, so no Discover for me...

I am sorry this did not work out in your favor.Smiley Sad I do understand now y u were declined. 7 credit cards with 7 months of history is a bit too much. relax, garden and let your cards fully grow please don't apply for any more credit cards. Wait at least a year discover will still be around just don't rule them out completely. They really are gr8.

Message 16 of 29
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@seigex wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

It may be the relatively high amount.  (Im grasping at straws as I anticipated your CR would had been good enough.  Have you changed addresses lately, did you put your right shoe on first before your left one?)

been at this address for 25 months, bought a house but don't move in until Monday so I used my current address, only reference to the new house is an inquiry. Trust me, I've been grasping on this one trying to figure it out too... I didn't think for one second it would be denied, but one thing I've learned on getting credit is there's no true rhyme to the reason.

Stike this. I misread your comment to mean you had bought the house 25 months ago. My bad.

You bought a new house but the only thing on your report is an inq? Isn't the mortgage showing? That would be pretty unusual except for someone private holding the mortgage. The address associated with the mortgage is reported and presumed to be your most current address. Using a different address than the one a relatively new mortgage lists is a big red flag to the computers. I had the problem for a while and was declined on preapprovals for both Discover and Amex.with FICO scores of 690 and 715. Looked like I had jingle mailed the home.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 17 of 29
ceejx
Established Contributor

@wallyworld123 wrote:

@seigex wrote:

@jpparker07 wrote:

I am sorry this did not work out in your favor.Smiley Sad I do understand now y u were declined. 7 credit cards with 7 months of history is a bit too much. relax, garden and let your cards fully grow please don't apply for any more credit cards. Wait at least a year discover will still be around just don't rule them out completely. They really are gr8.

I don't have 7 months of history, just revolving time, I have 13 years of history with several good timelines with no lates, only one 7 year old negative

Message 18 of 29
ceejx
Established Contributor

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Did you happen to have a Discover card before and it went to collections?

Or was it with a different company?

never hard a discover, the old chargeoff was an aafes card I had when I was in the military in the 90s

Message 19 of 29
ceejx
Established Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@seigex wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

It may be the relatively high amount.  (Im grasping at straws as I anticipated your CR would had been good enough.  Have you changed addresses lately, did you put your right shoe on first before your left one?)

been at this address for 25 months, bought a house but don't move in until Monday so I used my current address, only reference to the new house is an inquiry. Trust me, I've been grasping on this one trying to figure it out too... I didn't think for one second it would be denied, but one thing I've learned on getting credit is there's no true rhyme to the reason.

Stike this. I misread your comment to mean you had bought the house 25 months ago. My bad.

You bought a new house but the only thing on your report is an inq? Isn't the mortgage showing? That would be pretty unusual except for someone private holding the mortgage. The address associated with the mortgage is reported and presumed to be your most current address. Using a different address than the one a relatively new mortgage lists is a big red flag to the computers. I had the problem for a while and was declined on preapprovals for both Discover and Amex.with FICO scores of 690 and 715. Looked like I had jingle mailed the home.

it closes and records tomorrow, does not show on my report.. only a single inquiry ... I used my current address which is 25 months old....what irritates me the most is the pre-approvals in the mail and on their website, each time doing a soft pull... so it's not like their automated system didn't know my history

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.