Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Authorized User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Authorized User

Hi, everyone-

So, I'm looking to add my wife to my it card as an AU. She does, however, have a negative history with the company. She settled with them, and the amount was paid off by her. The last payment was made in June of 2017. But, I was worried that if I were to add her, Discover would kick me to the curb. Am I being paranoid or is this a legitimate concern?

5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Authorized User

You should be fine with adding her as an AU.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanna add, make sure you're aware that they will report to the CRA's with in 24-48 hours of adding someone.  I recently added someone and forgot about that and got an unpleasant surprise of a high balance being reported all of a sudden.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanna add, make sure you're aware that they will report to the CRA's with in 24-48 hours of adding someone.  I recently added someone and forgot about that and got an unpleasant surprise of a high balance being reported all of a sudden.  

It may be obvious, but you are saying the balance on my Discover card will report on THEIR report correct? Unless Discover has some crazy way of reporting things.

Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Whatever reports on your tradeline will be the same for your AU, such as balance, payment history, etc.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It may be obvious, but you are saying the balance on my Discover card will report on THEIR report correct? Unless Discover has some crazy way of reporting things.

Well, ya.  But saying YOUR report will get a mid-cycle update when you add them.  

So let's say last week your statement cut and they reported your balance to the CRA's.  You add an AU today, expect another update being reported on YOUR report with in the next few days.  Only mention this because if you PIF or something and then charge afterwards, it can be a shock that all of a sudden your card goes from $0 to like $1000+ when you weren't expecting it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.