Credit Mentor

Re: Discover BT offers poofed

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I got a pop up to "add a loved one" to help them build credit 

Cant wait to tell my dogs 

and I just got a magnificent email offer to earn $25 after adding an AU and spending $3k. Smiley LOL

Smiley Surprised

Well, I have three dogs so there is money to me made there Smiley LOL

I give up 

Sign each of them up for their own AAdvantage number. 

Your autocorrect is acting up again.  It actually changed SkyMiles to AAdvantage!  Smiley Surprised

Message 21 of 86
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I have never checked but just did because of the thread.  Two offers to use by Jul 9 (12 months at 0% with 3% fee, 15 months at 5.99%, 0 fee) which I guess are pretty standard.   (No 18 month one though)

Message 22 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
I've had BT offers continously for the past two years.
Last one was set to expire on 25th, and I thought nothing of it as they repopulate next day, except this time it did not. Crickets on BT page

I dont need a BT, but that was my sole reason for growing this card. I've asked a few people and their offers seem to have disappeared

So, either they are making some changes or the joke is on me 😂😂😂

I've had that happen to me lately, but then they come back by the next statement cycle.

I too use the cards almost exclusively for balance transfer offers. I don't have the brain cells to waste to be worrying about their category of the quarter, and I don't really like carrying the cards because too many places I go to don't accept Discover.

I worked this card in a good limit and use it for large bt.  I as thinking of one soon  in the next 30 days

Message 23 of 86
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Those offers come and go... at least for us.  Right now, DW has two offers and I have zero.  Next month, I'll have two and she'll have zero. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 24 of 86
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I got a pop up to "add a loved one" to help them build credit 

Cant wait to tell my dogs 

and I just got a magnificent email offer to earn $25 after adding an AU and spending $3k. Smiley LOL

Smiley Surprised

Well, I have three dogs so there is money to me made there Smiley LOL

I give up 

Sign each of them up for their own AAdvantage number. 

Your autocorrect is acting up again.  It actually changed SkyMiles to AAdvantage!  Smiley Surprised

No Barclay talk in my thread! 

Message 25 of 86
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I have offers good through 08/20, have had them for multi years continuously.
Message 26 of 86
UncleB
Credit Mentor

FWIW I also got the offer for $25 to add an AU and spend $3k... I had to really shake my head at that one.  Smiley Indifferent

I have two BT offers, but they are nothing to write home about (especially the 18 month offer).  It's nice to have options but they are definitely not the first place I would go if I needed another BT.

DiscoBTJune19.png

Message 27 of 86
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

FWIW I also got the offer for $25 to add an AU and spend $3k... I had to really shake my head at that one.  Smiley Indifferent

I have two BT offers, but they are nothing to write home about (especially the 18 month offer).  It's nice to have options but they are definitely not the first place I would go if I needed another BT.

DiscoBTJune19.png

Interesting. I usually get one offer with a 0% rate & 3% balance transfer fee + a second offer with a 4.99% or 5.99% rate & zero balance transfer fee.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 28 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve got 0% for 9 mos with 3% transfer fee or 5.99% for 15 mos at 3% transfer fee (ouch). At least I have offers I guess.
Message 29 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t have any offers for like 7 months. I started back getting them after I paid off a BT. With that being said, my offers have been getting worst. I normally got the 12 month 0% apr but now it’s only 9 months 0% apr. I did take advantage of the 9 month one but that was to basically help with cash flow so it really wasn’t needed.

Message 30 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.