Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation?

tag
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT secured

@Anonymous @Anonymous How many statements have you had to this point?

I'm curious because my 5th statement just cut a few days ago, yet my credit reports indicate an additional payment made in June for some reason. I'm assuming that I won't be eligible for graduation until January at the earliest. Since we all got our cards around the same time (June 9th for me), I was wondering if you two had a similar experience. 

Message 551 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@quikj9 My 5th official statement just cut a few days ago. I opened my card the same time as you did. I would expect the grad date to be after my 7th statement in January.

When the card was opened, it appears that it began reporting the same month. It surprised me, because I had a balance that reported and I typically follow azeo.

While I am watching the account closely, I don't expect to graduate till January. If something happens next month, that would be awesome and it would mean that the opening date actually counts towards the 7 month graduation date.

Edit: Typo

Message 552 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

@quikj9 @Anonymous  I was just asked to confirmed my address in the app Smiley Happy I am hoping I graduate soooon! 

Message 553 of 610
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous that's awesome and a great sign! 

Message 554 of 610
Deeyarht948
Contributor

I got the same exact message before my discover it graduated about couple months before graduation started with a 200 deposit graduated to a 1500 limit with my deposit returned of course good luck!

Message 555 of 610
Deeyarht948
Contributor

I got the same exact message before my discover it graduated about couple months before graduation started with a 200 deposit graduated to a 1500 limit with my deposit returned of course good luck

Message 556 of 610
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous @Anonymous I was just asked to confirm my address in the Discover app as well. 

I feel like we're all in this together. Here's hoping we all graduate soon!

Message 557 of 610
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover secured graduation?

Anyone have experience with graduation if u have a returned payment and or went over ur limit? Thanks

Message 558 of 610
themack

Re: Discover Secured Graduation??

Setup Disco secured in May 2019 with 601 score (BK discharged in 2018) and looks like my secured card has graduated with a 641 score. I haven't received any communications but my cl increased from 2k to 2200 two days after bill cut. It's been so long I actually forgot this was card was secured. Will be nice to get my 2k back. 

I kind of feel like it took so long bc of the BK on my report and possibly the fact that I put so much money down. Disco made a killing off my interest probably. 

Message 559 of 610
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover secured graduation?

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone have experience with graduation if u have a returned payment and or went over ur limit? Thanks

@Anonymous, my understanding is that those actions tend to delay graduation on some accounts.  How old is your Discover secured card?

Message 560 of 610
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.