cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does US Bank do PC's?

tag
hopsimlp

Does US Bank do PC's?

My oldest card of 2 years is a US Bank gymboree rewards card.  My daughter has outgrown gymboree and getting $10 gymboree gift cards does me no good if I can't use them.  I called US Bank this week to try and PC.  I didn't ask for any specific card I just wanted a different rewards card.  The CSR I spoke to said they didn't have any rewards cards that I'm elgible for.  After I talked to CSR I logged into my account and noticed an "increase your credit limit and get $5 back" link so I did and my credit limit doubled.  It went from $4500 to $9000.  I don't want to close it since it's my oldest card so is there any chance one day I'll call and they'll actually PC my card?  Has anyone successfully done this with US Bank?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Capital One Quicksilver $10,000 | US Bank $9,000 | Discover IT $10,200 | Target $2,500 | Amex $11,000 |
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Does US Bank do PC's?

They don't product change co-branded cards I was told when I tried to PC my Ace rewards. I did PC My FlexPerks select to the Cash+ but the FlexPerks was a bank card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
NikoD
Regular Contributor

I PCed my mothers US Bank card recently but it wasn't a co-branded card, just a regular platinum card.

Message 3 of 6
hopsimlp

Thanks for the info.  I guess I'm stuck with the Gymboree rewards then.

Capital One Quicksilver $10,000 | US Bank $9,000 | Discover IT $10,200 | Target $2,500 | Amex $11,000 |
Message 4 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@hopsimlp wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I guess I'm stuck with the Gymboree rewards then.

You could ask them if you opened a new card say Cash+ if you could transfer most of your credit limit to that card. I don't know if it's possible but the Cash+ is a great rewards card. If you do it would be great if you update us. Good Luck if you try it!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There have been good ideas on this thread. My add is good results moving CLs between US Bank Credit Cards and their Premier Plus Line of Credit (which is operated as a credit card not a checking line of credit).
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.