Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest Approval Balance Transfer Card?

Navy Platinum

Discover, check their prequal

Message 2 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@loviedovie wrote:

FICO 745 (credit score 680)

This line was a bit confusing and depending on the models those can either be fair, okay, good, or very good.  For FICO 8, which is the most commonly used scoring model (and you have a score for each bureau), there can be a world of difference between 680 and 745.  Do you know your FICO 8 scores for Equifax, Experian , and TransUnion by chance?  Citi should provide you with a FICO 8 Bankcard Enhanced Equifax score which isn't quite the same as a regular 8, but should give us some idea.  You can get a free Experian FICO 8 score at creditscorecard.com even without being a Discover customer.

How old are your youngest and newest cards?  How many credit cards have you opened in the past 24 months?  12 months?  Any late payments, collections, bankruptcies?

Message 3 of 12
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

Thanks @K-in-Boston good questions!

My Citi FICO (Equifax) is 745 but CreditKarma says I have a 680 credit score? I don't understand that..

Credit History: 

-   126 months of on-time payments. I have never had a single late payment. No collections, no nothing. 

-    My oldest card was opened in 2011 and my youngest in 2014. 

I DID lease my car last November so that has $12k left on the next 3 years, they pulled my credit twice for that I was so mad. 

That's it! Thank you for your help!!!

Message 4 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@loviedovie wrote:

Thanks @K-in-Boston good questions!

My Citi FICO (Equifax) is 745 but CreditKarma says I have a 680 credit score? I don't understand that..

Credit History: 

-   126 months of on-time payments. I have never had a single late payment. No collections, no nothing. 

-    My oldest card was opened in 2011 and my youngest in 2014. 

I DID lease my car last November so that has $12k left on the next 3 years, they pulled my credit twice for that I was so mad. 

That's it! Thank you for your help!!!

Okay, the Citi score is Equifax FICO 8 Bankcard Enhanced (which uses different criteria and goes to 900 instead of 850 like a regular FICO 8 score).  Credit Karma provides VantageScore 3.0 scores which are not really used for credit applications.  Sounds you don't have a lot going on at all for credit seeking other than the car, so the key would just be to find out what yours real FICO scores are, then who is lenient for having a single card with high utilization.  Are you eligible for NFCU membership?

Message 5 of 12
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

Thanks again @K-in-Boston! Thanks also @Anonymous  but I don't qualify for any military credit unions. My people are all civilians. 

Sounds like my best bet is to figure out who is most lenient for a single card with high utilization? 

Message 6 of 12
cahoot2005
Valued Member

Might want to check out NIHFCU.  2% BT fee, 15 Months 0%.  Good opportunity to start a relationship with a CU instead of a big boy....diversify!  You can get in with a membership to American Consumer Council (great deal), hard pull for membership, but they let you use the same pull for multiple products.

Message 7 of 12
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@cahoot2005  I joined NIH FCU and didnt incur a HP until I applied for a loan with them. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 8 of 12
cahoot2005
Valued Member

@Harvey26 wrote:

@cahoot2005  I joined NIH FCU and didnt incur a HP until I applied for a loan with them. 

How long ago did you join?

Message 9 of 12
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@cahoot2005  08/11/20

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.