Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan MCP - 20% MORE CASH BACK! Offer

tag
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Elan MCP - 20% MORE CASH BACK! Offer

9D392565-D891-4EC6-8737-F23AA8D853CC.jpeg

Just received this via email. Maybe a targeted offer. I expect to see something similar for US Bank cards as they usually have the same/similar offers. This is an easy $20 as it won't require any additional spend as my categories make up the $650 in that time frame.

Current FICO 8:

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Elan MCP - 20% MORE CASH BACK! Offer

Likely targeted.  I only got it on my Altitude Reserve.  (Up to 2000 points on purchases after $100.). Keep in mind that these offers look a lot more generous than they actually are.  You get an extra .2 points or .2% back on purchases made after whatever the minimum spend requirement is.  In your case, you need to spend $10,650 in June and July in order to max out the $20.

Message 2 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, got it on a cash+ card with $400 spend.   We've seen huge variation, with a $20 max after several thousand dollar spend being sort of silly.

But even so, you will have to spend $1,650 to get the extra $20, which isn't terrible, an extra 1.2% return

ETA:  sees @K-in-Boston post!   Thought my offer said an extra 2% but there is a sneaky "." in front, so yes, $10,650!

Message 3 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Yes, got it on a cash+ card with $400 spend.   We've seen huge variation, with a $20 max after several thousand dollar spend being sort of silly.

But even so, you will have to spend $1,650 to get the extra $20, which isn't terrible, an extra 1.2% return

Mine specifically says .2 points per dollar spent (which would be 20% on base earnings) after spending $100.  Wouldn't any 20% bonus on 1% or 1 point base earnings require $10,000 + the minimum spend prior to earning to max out?

Edit: Never mind!  😂  FWIW here is the fine print; just covert to % and whatever the $ offer is as needed.

To be eligible for this offer that runs from June 1 - July 31, 2022 (promotion period), you need to enroll by June 30, 2022. Once you spend a net of $100 during the promotion period, additional net purchases (net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns) will be awarded an extra .2 point per dollar spent (up to a maximum of 2,000 points). Extra points will be credited to your Account 2–3 billing cycles after the end of the promotion period.

Message 4 of 8
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Aww man. I did not read the fine print. I should've known as these offers usually come with greater spend.

Current FICO 8:

Message 5 of 8
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Capture+_2022-05-26-08-26-42.png

Here's the Elan version I got yesterday. Worth noting I only get these offers on my "generic" Elan (which is a Visa), not the one that still has an active bank (until they finish their merger), and is a MC.

Please note the MUCH smaller spend requirement.

SD - Biz -
Message 6 of 8
DakotaM
Regular Contributor

How old does the card need to be before these offers start showing up? Is it one of those at least a year things? My oldest Elan card is 8 months but I haven't gotten any targeted offers yet. 

Workers-Credit-UnionWorkers-Credit-Union

Message 7 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@DakotaM wrote:

How old does the card need to be before these offers start showing up? Is it one of those at least a year things? My oldest Elan card is 8 months but I haven't gotten any targeted offers yet. 

But as you can see from the discussion above, you really aren't missing much!  These "offers" are among the worst out there.  Even with the $150 spend threshold, you need to spend $10,150 to get the extra $20.   Yes, it's an extra $20, but....!

ETA: And just to point out that the 5% maxes out at $2K a quarter, so even with Jun and Jul being two different quarters, you would need to spend $6K at 1 or 2%   If you have better cards for some of this spend, probably cost more than $20!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.