Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO CLD ****Master Thread****

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Beware of FNBO

I had gotten a preapproval from them back in November 2020 accepted their offer got a 15K SL managed to get it up to 25K. I used it sparely but did put some spend on it . In Sept 2021 they just up and closed it on me no warning or anything I too got an alert that it was closed . I called them stated nothing they could do and to wait for letter . They closed for inquires which were not much higher then when I got the card .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 91 of 315
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

this is just adding to list of things FNBO has been doing recently - slashing credit limits and now closing accounts smh - so glad i was out of their marketing area when i tried back in june 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 92 of 315
tparks5961
Regular Contributor

It's understanable imo, 

If you take a look at how aggressive they were in giving out huge limits last year and into the beginning of this year.. They were kind of late to the party and realize with the current state of everything that's going on.. it's not smart and they have to cut back.

Pre-emptive moves on their part. Don't take it personal.  They're probably in a position where they have to start reducing their exposure.

Last Inquiry 12/23/2022 Ally Bank Mortgage
Fico Score Progression: 10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540 | 1/10/2023 EQ 785 TU 789 EX 787
Message 93 of 315
Vuby22
Contributor

Sorry this happened to you and I hope the letter from them explains it as it pertains to your situation, BUT..

All credit cards have the fine print that the issuer can close, adjust, etc your card/CL at anytime for any reason. We can't beware of them all.

Message 94 of 315
lgsmith08

I totally understand that part and just letting those know what happens to me-especially for those who use their account as "padding".   

Message 95 of 315
lgsmith08

Sorry this happened to you also!

Message 96 of 315
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry this happened. I looked around earlier today just for info before your thread was even started. No page at all from them will load. Guess I'm geo-fenced. And saw its happening alot now. Some with the same CL or more getting AA'ed.

Message 97 of 315
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Had it been longer then six months between your last usage of he card becuz I got a warning letter from them about no usage after six months

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 98 of 315
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Sorry this happened. I looked around earlier today just for info before your thread was even started. No page at all from them will load. Guess I'm geo-fenced. And saw its happening alot now. Some with the same CL or more getting AA'ed.

@FireMedic1,

They recently introduced the geo-fencing for both personal and business.

Message 99 of 315
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@lgsmith08 wrote:

I had my FNBO for a few years now with a $14,000 limit (starting limit).  I used the card a few times and always pif. Last Thursday I used the card to pay $1,500 on my Disney cruise and received an alert from Credit Karma that the account was closed on the same day. I am awaiting the letter they state is coming. The representative was rude and said " there is nothing I can do or say".  

@lgsmith08, Sorry for your closure.

Would it be possible to post your scores, new accounts,

how much you spent on the card over the  "I used the card a few times and always pif"

Aggregate and individual CC utilization?  clean profile?

Just scratching my head, trying to figure out why they closed your card?

Message 100 of 315
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.