Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO CLD ****Master Thread****

tag
SeeingTheLight
Valued Member

Re: FNBO CLD ****Master Thread****

I think it would help if future posts noting a CLD would provide their geolocation. Since there is a speculation that FNBO may be dropping accounts outside of their core 7 state service area, the location of the CLD accounts may have a correlation. I've been an Evergreen holder since 1/2022. Just checked my account and still active (so far) with an $822 reported statement balance against a $13400 credit line. I'm in Texas, so a core state. I also have a skyrocketed balance from three months ago on my Chase SapPref due to unexpected expenses that will be paid off in the next week. However, those reported for 3 months so that alone should've spooked them. 

Message 301 of 315
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP wrote:

FNBO did the same to me about 14 months ago or so. I had a $7500 limit on the Ford card and $4700 on the Jeep card. At the time I ran them up made minimum payments for about 3 months then payed the whole amount off on both. As soon as I paid the Ford card off they CLD'd  it to $1000. 

They never messed with the Jeep card oddly enough. I stopped using there cards after that and did the sock drawer thing as I got a Cap1 quicksilver and latter Apple Card that earn better anyway

@SeeingTheLight 

Just wanted to add some DP's to this after reading the last post in this thread above. I'm located in SE Texas. 

Even with them CLD'ing my Ford card I charged up my Jeep Card and carried a full balance ($4700) for almost a year. I just started paying it down way beyond the minimum payments I had been making and fully expected them to CLD or chase my balance down on that card also. To my surprise after I had paid the first $1000 down on it I logged in one morning to see they actually gave me a CLI of $1200. I was shocked to say the least

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 302 of 315
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

If it matters, south East Texas here as well and nothing but good experiences with FNBO Evergreen and FNBO BestWestern. Also received an automated increase and no decreases.

I should note that I have never requested a manual increase with any FNBO products. I just let the automated system handle all that.

Message 303 of 315
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@SeeingTheLight wrote:

I think it would help if future posts noting a CLD would provide their geolocation. Since there is a speculation that FNBO may be dropping accounts outside of their core 7 state service area, the location of the CLD accounts may have a correlation. I've been an Evergreen holder since 1/2022. Just checked my account and still active (so far) with an $822 reported statement balance against a $13400 credit line. I'm in Texas, so a core state. I also have a skyrocketed balance from three months ago on my Chase SapPref due to unexpected expenses that will be paid off in the next week. However, those reported for 3 months so that alone should've spooked them. 

@SeeingTheLight well I think this may have played an essential part in my CLD then, as I live in Vermont and am most definetely out of the geo-dome.  Adding my loco to stack up the DP's.

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 304 of 315
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@IamWesty12 wrote:

@SeeingTheLight wrote:

@SeeingTheLight well I think this may have played an essential part in my CLD then, as I live in Vermont and am most definetely out of the geo-dome.  Adding my loco to stack up the DP's.

I will add another data point.

California, $20,000 limit, 6.5 years old, less than

$10 a month average spend for last 3 years.

Card still alive and no CLD

Message 305 of 315
SeeingTheLight
Valued Member

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP , @Drifter73 , @IamWesty12 , @Kforce 

thanks all for the data points! Sorry for the late reply. Well, with @Kforce being outside of the core, maybe they are using additional factors for CLDing accounts. Hopefully more DPs can be posted to further experiment

Message 306 of 315
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

Heard all these CLD horror stories about FNBO as of late and presumed it was related to them trying to reduce their footprint to their core area but here in Georgia my fiancé just got an offer in the mail to apply for the Evergreen. Truly have zero idea what FNBO is doing, glad to see them getting dragged online for this recent practice. 

Message 307 of 315
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Data point: 

Card opened 11 months ago with a starting credit line of $4800. Put $1700 on it in July 2022 @0% and paid it off in January 2023. 2 weeks later received auto-cli to $9800.

I *am* in their geo area. SD to be specific. Was 791 FICO at the time. $160k available on revolvers, currently 0% util. 

Message 308 of 315
Joleybear
Valued Member

Re: FNBO CLD

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@SouthJamaica, I know it is early, you may want to re-read OP's post.?

"I'm carrying a 0% balance of about 3k of 16,500 limit. They slashed my limit to 3150"

How can one have a 0% balance and a $3,000 balance at the same time?

I am still learning a lot about everything, so can someone explain it to me like I'm five, please?

Message 309 of 315
RASULL12
Contributor

Re: FNBO CLD

The balance was on the card at a promo rate of 0% interest not 0% utilization.

Message 310 of 315
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.