cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO CLD ****Master Thread****

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

Doodlebug30
Frequent Contributor

Re: FNBO CLD

I will definitely update when I get that pesky letter. Also I did pull my reports. Nothing bad going on there. 

Message 41 of 285
mediocrebadguy
Established Member

Re: FNBO CLD

I'm not too hot on FNBO after a similar experience a few years ago. I have the Sheetz Visa card with a CL pushing $30k. I rarely use it because even with their gas discount of 5 cents a gallon, it's still better to use one of my other gas cashback cards. I really only used it for 5% off in-store purchases at Sheetz. (Which recently hasn't even been as good as the Affinity offers, since in-store codes as gas).

 

They randomly reduced my CL to about $16k but provided no information why. I get it -- probably low usage. But at the time it really threw my overall utilization off. I have tried several times since then to get it back up, but when I click on the CLI link it goes to a mesage that says "You do not have any cards eligible for a credit increase." It's possible they implemented a CL max on this particular program. 

 

This card is on my list to close as soon as I comfortably build up equivalent replacements -- probably after I finish gardening in July.

Message 42 of 285
Remedios
Moderator

Re: FNBO CLD


@Doodlebug30 wrote:

I will definitely update when I get that pesky letter. Also I did pull my reports. Nothing bad going on there. 


 

What kind of payments were you making on that BT? 

FNBO lives for BTs, so fact that you had one wouldn't cause CLD in itself. If you were making low payments on it, that can do it sometimes. 

 

Also, they will CLD at times when new inquiries/accounts show up, no different than any other lender. Often it doesn't even matter that most of inquiries were present during approval, such is nature of account reviews/secondary reviews. 

"To The Left" ~ Gandhi
Message 43 of 285
lgtwriter
Regular Contributor

Re: FNBO CLD

Hi All,

 

Here are some more data points:

 

I had two FNBO cards, the evergreen with a 15k limit, which I use as a daily driver for doordash, online purchases etc. And the Getaway card also with a 15k limit which I had only made a couple of small purchases (under $50) in the last ten months or so since it's been open.

 

FNBO cut the limit of my Getaway card to 500 today. (I got the letter today, it was probably cut last week, but since I never use it I wouldn't know lol) They did NOT touch my evergreen card's limit (yet).

 

I leave a small balance sometimes on the Evergreen card from month to month (under 500 dollars) and pay it off the next month.

 

I called FNBO to close the Getaway card when I got the letter, but am keeping the Evergreen card (for now) and will watch it.

 

My FICO is around 791 and my inquiries are around 6-8 on each bureau. I have been in the garden for the most part.

 

I have gotten credit limit increases on a couple of cards in the last couple of months.

 

As with anything YMMV

Message 44 of 285
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: FNBO CLD


@lgtwriter wrote:

Hi All,

 

Here are some more data points:

 

I had two FNBO cards, the evergreen with a 15k limit, which I use as a daily driver for doordash, online purchases etc. And the Getaway card also with a 15k limit which I had only made a couple of small purchases (under $50) in the last ten months or so since it's been open.

 

FNBO cut the limit of my Getaway card to 500 today. (I got the letter today, it was probably cut last week, but since I never use it I wouldn't know lol) They did NOT touch my evergreen card's limit (yet).

 

I leave a small balance sometimes on the Evergreen card from month to month (under 500 dollars) and pay it off the next month.

 

I called FNBO to close the Getaway card when I got the letter, but am keeping the Evergreen card (for now) and will watch it.

 

My FICO is around 791 and my inquiries are around 6-8 on each bureau. I have been in the garden for the most part.

 

I have gotten credit limit increases on a couple of cards in the last couple of months.

 

As with anything YMMV


Did the letter specify why they cut your Getaway card down?


Last App: 9/22/2022
American Express Platinum Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 45 of 285
lgtwriter
Regular Contributor

Re: FNBO CLD

@OmarGB9 here is what the letter said the decision was based on:

 

Length of time since account opened

Pattern of account use

Current balance as % of recent balances.

 

Since I rarely use the card, and when I do it was for a small amount, I would say I was assigned a score of "non use" and it was closed for non use.

Message 46 of 285
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: FNBO CLD


@lgtwriter wrote:

@OmarGB9 here is what the letter said the decision was based on:

 

Length of time since account opened

Pattern of account use

Current balance as % of recent balances.

 

Since I rarely use the card, and when I do it was for a small amount, I would say I was assigned a score of "non use" and it was closed for non use.


Yea you're probably right. I suppose we'll never truly know though. Thanks for the DP though. 


Last App: 9/22/2022
American Express Platinum Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 47 of 285
lgtwriter
Regular Contributor

FNBO massive credit line decrease

Hi all,

I posted this in another thread as a reply yesterday, but I just wanted to raise awareness by starting a thread of my own. I received a letter in the mail yesterday from FNBO. I have two credit cards with them, the Evergreen Visa with a 15k credit line, and the Getaway Mastercard with a 15k credit line. They cut my credit line on the Getaway card from 15k to 500 dollars. I called and closed the card immediately upon receiving the letter. Here are my data points:

 

I never used it much (about two or three under $50 purchases in a year I think).

My FICO is 791 and my utilization is 2% with no more than 7% utilization on any card.

I have about 6-8 inquiries on each credit bureau and have been in the garden (except for credit line increases) for about 8-10 months.

 

The reasons they gave for the credit line decrease (these are taken directly from the letter they sent) are:

Length of time since account opened

Pattern of account use

Current balance as % of recent balances.

 

I had the card around ten months, my pattern of use was no use really lol. And my current balance was zero.

My other FNBO card, the evergreen card was left at its original 15k limit. I use that for doordash, online purchases, etc so they get a lot of swipes from me. I pay it off most months but sometimes leave a small balance (under $500) and pay it off the next month. I currently have a balance of about $500 on the Evergreen card that will be paid off when it's due the first week of October.

 

Anyway, I would be careful to make sure you use all your FNBO cards. This is just a data point. I have nothing on any report that would have caused FNBO to cut my limit like that except non-use. As I said, I closed the getaway card. For now I am keeping the Evergreen card open, but I am going to cut down on usage. Since I have gotten credit line increases on several cards in the last couple of months this will result in about a net $5k loss in overall credit for me, but I have way too much credit anyway (over $250k of credit limits)

 

Since my credit line decrease is non-use based, it might not affect anyone else here, but I just wanted to post this thread as an FYI.

Message 48 of 285
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Re: FNBO massive credit line decrease

Well so far have not seen a major CLD on my mlife card, but definitely don't want it closed since the benefits from this card are worth it just that I have better cards when it comes to travel rewards so I make sure to get swipes every other month on the card

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival, frontier)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Message 49 of 285
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Re: FNBO massive credit line decrease


@lgtwriter wrote:

Hi all,

I posted this in another thread as a reply yesterday, but I just wanted to raise awareness by starting a thread of my own. I received a letter in the mail yesterday from FNBO. I have two credit cards with them, the Evergreen Visa with a 15k credit line, and the Getaway Mastercard with a 15k credit line. They cut my credit line on the Getaway card from 15k to 500 dollars. I called and closed the card immediately upon receiving the letter. Here are my data points:

 

I never used it much (about two or three under $50 purchases in a year I think).

My FICO is 791 and my utilization is 2% with no more than 7% utilization on any card.

I have about 6-8 inquiries on each credit bureau and have been in the garden (except for credit line increases) for about 8-10 months.

 

The reasons they gave for the credit line decrease (these are taken directly from the letter they sent) are:

Length of time since account opened

Pattern of account use

Current balance as % of recent balances.

 

I had the card around ten months, my pattern of use was no use really lol. And my current balance was zero.

My other FNBO card, the evergreen card was left at its original 15k limit. I use that for doordash, online purchases, etc so they get a lot of swipes from me. I pay it off most months but sometimes leave a small balance (under $500) and pay it off the next month. I currently have a balance of about $500 on the Evergreen card that will be paid off when it's due the first week of October.

 

Anyway, I would be careful to make sure you use all your FNBO cards. This is just a data point. I have nothing on any report that would have caused FNBO to cut my limit like that except non-use. As I said, I closed the getaway card. For now I am keeping the Evergreen card open, but I am going to cut down on usage. Since I have gotten credit line increases on several cards in the last couple of months this will result in about a net $5k loss in overall credit for me, but I have way too much credit anyway (over $250k of credit limits)

 

Since my credit line decrease is non-use based, it might not affect anyone else here, but I just wanted to post this thread as an FYI.


IMHO....I would write them a letter, send via fax and certified, that you are requesting the account and inquiry be removed from your credit reports, including but not limited to, EQX, EXP, TRU, Sagestream, etc...

 

They have every right to terminate your line of credit at their descretion, but does that exonerate them from 'reimbursing' you for your 'expenses' when the reason for termination is caused by their own 'undisclosed' specific requirements as laid out on the reasons they sent you?  Since they also offered this account via a SP pre-qualification process, I would ask them to also remove the HP when the account was opened after the SP pre-qualification.

 

I consider this like having an insurance policy that has a disclaimer that says they "reserve to right not not pay any claim or any reason".  That is a BS disclaimer and if that is their only grounds for defense they would fall flat on their face.

 

IMHO the reasons FNBO gave you for the CLD were techical reasons:

1) You dont use the card enough

2) You are spending more on other cards, so we are bitter about that

3) You have enough credit that we dont think you will use ours in the near future, so it is not worth do business with you on this account.

 

IMHO....

TU:807 / EQ:797 / EX:794 as of 5/31/2022
Message 50 of 285
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.