Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

themanwhocan typically does a good review on it, but if you would like an FNBO card, the New York Life Rewards Visa is a good deal:

https://www.firstbankcard.com/newyorklife/001/personal.fhtml

If you get approved for the Visa Siggy, it's unlimited 1.5% back. However if you get approved for the Platinum Visa, it's only a vanilla 1%. The card also offers a free EX FICO.

Card looks nice as well, would love to know who they pull but I guess I could call and get that info.

Message 11 of 42
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Well you'll get opinions otherwise to the contrary but they can be sticklers depending on what day it is LoL  The positive side of it is if you do get in with them it's widely reported they are generous with CLI's in somewhat short order. I just am sharing my experience this summer and i don't intent to waste another HP on them anymore without a bonified invitation because it's far more productive and less chancie to approach the Big Primes from my experience after being turned down for just a Store Card Visa by them.

Hah Smiley Very Happy  And they call some of us applicants Risky.

They are very generous with CLI's .. every 4 months in the dot and all SP if you call in. I started with a $3,800 initial CL to $16.3k in about a year.

MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 12 of 42
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

themanwhocan typically does a good review on it, but if you would like an FNBO card, the New York Life Rewards Visa is a good deal:

If you get approved for the Visa Siggy, it's unlimited 1.5% back. However if you get approved for the Platinum Visa, it's only a vanilla 1%. The card also offers a free EX FICO.

Card looks nice as well, would love to know who they pull but I guess I could call and get that info.

Call and find out!  I dare you!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 42
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

I got a preapproval in the mail, but went on an app spree afterwards. Wonder if they'd still like me Smiley Tongue
Message 14 of 42
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

They usually pull from EX or EQ.  The co-branded cards are the best way in if you're out of their footprint.  Overstock, LaQuinta, ANA, JAL and that New York Life card are a few that come to mind that I don't think have U.S. location restrictions.

Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Just called and the lady said they pull Equifax which is tempting me because my score just gained about 30 points to 776. Hmmm....

Message 16 of 42
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Just called and the lady said they pull Equifax which is tempting me because my score just gained about 30 points to 776. Hmmm....

Do you have a lot of new accts or inq on your EQ?  They can be sensitive, but if I managed to get over that issue, pretty much anybody can.

Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Do you have a lot of new accts or inq on your EQ?  They can be sensitive, but if I managed to get over that issue, pretty much anybody can.

I do, I have about 6-7 new inquiries. I also mentioned that i've had a savings account with FNBO DIrect and she said that can help approval chances as well.

Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNB Omaha serves the following states for banking (number of branches): Colorado (27), Iowa (3), Illinois (24), Kansas (6), Nebraska (60), and Texas (4).
They service several other banks in states accross the US. They have a subsidary FirstBankard that is like FIA, First USA or Elan and processes credit cards. The also have FNBO Direct (another poster mentioned this). Starting August 2013 FNB Omaha quit taking applications outside their own market service area but some people still receive pre-approved offers for their credit cards and are outside their service area. Go figure?
Message 19 of 42
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

I'm not in any of those areas, but did live in Colorado about 10 years ago.
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.