cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally PreQualified for AMEX - Now Which One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally PreQualified for AMEX - Now Which One?

Hi All

Finally prequalified for AMEX, trying to decide which one?

Here are the Choices:

Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card

Amex EveryDay® Credit Card

Cash Magnet™ Card

Any suggestions appreciated, Thanks!!!

No late or delinquients, good credit mix, a few inquiries 34% utilization, pay well above minimum payments...

FireShot Capture 21 - Dashboard I myFICO Member Center - https___secure.myfico.com_dashboard.png

18 REPLIES 18
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally PreQualified for AMEX - Now Which One?

that's easy one to decide m8

Magnet , gotta have the magnet.

Message 2 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Those are three very different cards. The question we have for you is what kind of rewards do you prefer, cash or travel? If travel, do you (or will you) fly on Delta at least once a year with a companion or at least twice a year solo?

If you are preapproved for all 3 of those, it’s quite likely you would be approved for pretty much anything in the Amex lineup. Decide on what kind of rewards you want and what best fits your spending, then select the best card.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Those are three very different cards. The question we have for you is what kind of rewards do you prefer, cash or travel? If travel, do you (or will you) fly on Delta at least once a year with a companion or at least twice a year solo?

If you are preapproved for all 3 of those, it’s quite likely you would be approved for pretty much anything in the Amex lineup. Decide on what kind of rewards you want and what best fits your spending, then select the best card.

Not too fussed on travel as I have a few with the airlines I actually fly... Probably go for cash...

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

that's easy one to decide m8

Magnet , gotta have the magnet.

Leaning that way... lol

Message 5 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

For cash, that leaves you 1 of those 3 options. If you’re looking to “get in” with Amex and can justify the AF, the 100,000 MR offer is floating around again for Platinum. At least $1200 in airline value vs the small cash bonus on the Cash Magnet card.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you like cash back, i would say the Magnet or BCE.  

I would check on the Platinum if it has the 100k offer, that is a good one.   Mine is stuck at 60k currently 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
For cash, that leaves you 1 of those 3 options. If you’re looking to “get in” with Amex and can justify the AF, the 100,000 MR offer is floating around again for Platinum. At least $1200 in airline value vs the small cash bonus on the Cash Magnet card.

@K-in-Boston NOPE NOPE NOPE..   all i have is the 60k offer Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Hmmm Thinking maybe then the Every Day Card? The Magnet looks ok, but looking at the benefits is pretty generic, Thoughts?

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Hmmm Thinking maybe then the Every Day Card? The Magnet looks ok, but looking at the benefits is pretty generic, Thoughts?

I love my ED as it will be a place holder for my MR points if i don't keep a charge card active, but its not a good CB card honestly. 

The ED (Everyday) is an MR points card.   If you use it as Cashback the points are effectively valued at 0.6 CPP.  Sometimes you can get more value from it if you use it to get a giftcard with the points.  Depends on the offers and what you like to buy tho. 

The BCE is a cashback card that earns 3x grocery/2x gas/1x everything else. Redeem at $25

The Magnet is 1.5% on everything  I think its also $25 to redeem.  

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.