cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally!! The Capital One consolidation is complete!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Finally!! The Capital One consolidation is complete!

Knowing once I combine I'm locked out of CLI's for a while. I've been trying to get one more increase over the last two weeks before I combine . 3 days ago Cap gave me a $1K increase on one of my Ventures. I went in and zeroed out all of my balances yesterday, paying off all.

This morning I logged in hoping they would allow me to combine. To my surprise, all of the cards were available to combine! I did everything from my cell phone in under 5 mins!

The CL on this card started at $1100 and never changed in the 8 years I've had it. In Feb. of this year, the card was still at $1100. lol

Today this card is at $49,500! Smiley Surprised

Next up will be my Chase cards. My goal is to have maybe 15 CC's or less with an average credit limit of $20,000 each.

Capital one QS MC.png

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally!! The Capital One combination is complete!

Nice Congrats!!!!!

Message 2 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

Nice Congrats!!!!!

Thank you Saleen! I never thought in a million years I'd have cards with limits this high! It's because of the great folks like yourself on this site that I'm able to do any of this stuff.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks Never too late , I'm hoping it helps with increases from some of my other lenders. I know some say it's not true. Though in my limited experience, 5 digit limits seem to attract other 5 digit limts from competing lenders. We'll have to see what happens. Next up at the end of the month is USAA. I'm going to ask for a CLI and let the chips fall where they may.
Message 5 of 30
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the combine... Thinking about doing that with my 4 cards... just haven't pulled the trigger yet

Message 6 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Congrats on the combine... Thinking about doing that with my 4 cards... just haven't pulled the trigger yet

Thank you!! Capital One sure has come a long way in the time I've had them. Their phone app is one of my favorites! 

What are you waiting for Loquat? In the last three months I've eliminated 7 CC's. I'll likely eliminate 3 more before I'm done.

Message 7 of 30
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good job getting this done!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
Good job getting this done!

Thanks! Now what do I have to do to get one of those pretty Alliant cards? lol

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Serious question: What is the benefit of combining accounts?

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.