cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Graduation

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Fingerhut Graduation

So January 27th I finally paid off my Fingerhut Freshstart account. I made 4 on time payments and the account reported as a closed paid loan on all reports. 2 weeks after it reported closed I still did not receive any notice that the account graduated. I called CS and they stated it could take 2 weeks to receive a letter or email about my graduation. Well now I still have not received anything and guessing my account was not eligible to graduate? Has this happened to anyone else? 

I am not sure if this is the correct board so sorry if it isn’t! 

Sept 18: EQ: 578 TU: 583 EX: 576
Sept 19: EQ8: 620 TU8: 645 EX8:640
Goal by Sept 20’ EQ: 700 TU: 700 EX:700

AA: 7YRS 6MONTHS AAOA: 2YR 6MONTHS
Inquiries in 12 months: EQ: 1 TU: 1 EX: 1
CLOSED: Self Lender 12Month CD: June 20th 19’

Goal: Auto Lease 2020 Jeep MOAB
Goal: Chase Sapphire Preferred
Goals Achieved Nov 19’: First Chase CC, Marriott Bonvoy w/ lowest APR rate of 17% Total CL:$18,000
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Fingerhut Graduation

You have a bunch of cards I wouldn't worry about Fingerhut account. All their merchandise is double of what it costs elsewhere.
More cards than I can mention in a signature.
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
New Contributor

What even is fingerhut? I had never even heard of it until I started researching credit cards.

I mean from what I can tell it’s some mail order catalog? What is the advantage of using fingerhut other than that they’ll give you a credit card? And it only works for their catalog? Seems like there are better ways to get credit...like a secured card.

“All their merchandise is double of what it costs elsewhere.”

You weren’t kidding!!!
https://www.fingerhut.com/product/NNMGW.uts

That same phone is $449 directly from Apple , go see for yourself

Fingerhut charges $705 and that’s after their “$245” discount LOL

This might be the worst option for building your credit

Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

So January 27th I finally paid off my Fingerhut Freshstart account. I made 4 on time payments and the account reported as a closed paid loan on all reports. 2 weeks after it reported closed I still did not receive any notice that the account graduated. I called CS and they stated it could take 2 weeks to receive a letter or email about my graduation. Well now I still have not received anything and guessing my account was not eligible to graduate? Has this happened to anyone else? 

I am not sure if this is the correct board so sorry if it isn’t! 

Did you make four on time payments in four months or four in one month?

Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Four on time payments in 4 months

Goals Achieved Nov 19’: First Chase CC, Marriott Bonvoy w/ lowest APR rate of 17% Total CL:$18,000
Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Established Contributor

I only purchased an item under $100 just to have it graduate and use it for UTL padding. Not to actually purchase anything with it. I had the Freshstart account for 2 years and did not use it up until 4-5 months ago.

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Thanks! Yes I am aware of the absurd prices. I only wanted the graduation for UTL padding. I had the account for 2 years and just used it 4-5 months ago simply for the graduation lol

Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@CivalV wrote:
Thanks! Yes I am aware of the absurd prices. I only wanted the graduation for UTL padding. I had the account for 2 years and just used it 4-5 months ago simply for the graduation lol

I see you want a NFCU.  Have you applied for one of their cards yet?  They will give you more utilization padding then Fingerhut will ever give you. 

Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@plasticbill wrote:
What even is fingerhut? I had never even heard of it until I started researching credit cards.

I mean from what I can tell it’s some mail order catalog? What is the advantage of using fingerhut other than that they’ll give you a credit card? And it only works for their catalog? Seems like there are better ways to get credit...like a secured card.

“All their merchandise is double of what it costs elsewhere.”

You weren’t kidding!!!
https://www.fingerhut.com/product/NNMGW.uts

That same phone is $449 directly from Apple , go see for yourself

Fingerhut charges $705 and that’s after their “$245” discount LOL

This might be the worst option for building your credit

I had a regular credit account with them.  I found some Olaf moving doll that was on clearance for $20 that was actually less than list.  I never saw anything else besides that that wasn't double in price. I did it after I got declined by Walmart and Target.  Then I got approved by Cap One, BOA, NFCU, J Crew, Poterry Barn, Kohls,  Express etc and realized that it was a waste of time.  The only reason to get their account if you can't get anything else that doesn't charge fees.  

Message 9 of 11
Highlighted
Established Member

I didn't get an email about graduating for a couple of weeks after my last payment cleared. Just log into your account daily, that's how I first discovered my account had graduated. I got a message that said something like, Congratulations, you now have $500 in available credit.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.