cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For other rebuilders...shocking Cap1 approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For other rebuilders...shocking Cap1 approval.

I have a rebuilder post in the Rebuilding Forum but thought I'd share a recent approval.  My current scores are TU 584 and EQ 545 (from this site).  I have recent charge off's and collections (last year).  I wanted to find out my EX score and saw that Cap1 pulls Ex on another post.  With creditors who deny credit supposedly giving out scores now, I app'd thinking for sure I'd be declined.  I was approved for their Cash Rewards card and a $500 limit.  So, I still don't know what my EX score is. 

Guess you shouldn't always assume you'll be declined. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For other rebuilders...shocking Cap1 approval.

No you shouldn't.  Kind of a nice backfire in your favor though!

Message 2 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a rebuilder post in the Rebuilding Forum but thought I'd share a recent approval.  My current scores are TU 584 and EQ 545 (from this site).  I have recent charge off's and collections (last year).  I wanted to find out my EX score and saw that Cap1 pulls Ex on another post.  With creditors who deny credit supposedly giving out scores now, I app'd thinking for sure I'd be declined.  I was approved for their Cash Rewards card and a $500 limit.  So, I still don't know what my EX score is. 

Guess you shouldn't always assume you'll be declined. 

That approval cost you 3 INQ's as Cap1 pulls all 3 CR's. Congrats!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a big deal unless your hard inquiry happy.  Just lay low for the next few months and don't apply for anything else.

Message 4 of 15
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not a big deal unless your hard inquiry happy.  Just lay low for the next few months and don't apply for anything else.

I wonder if there is a record for how many inq's one has within 2 years? lol I think my top is like 35 maybe 40 within 2 years.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did you have so much?

40 hard pulls? I hope thats not for applying for too many credit cards...and here I thought my 6 inquiries is too much.

Message 6 of 15
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why did you have so much?

40 hard pulls? I hope thats not for applying for too many credit cards...and here I thought my 6 inquiries is too much.

Prolly at least 10 maybe 15 were for my refinance last year to a lower interest rate. 5 were for utility changes such as phone, internet ect. rest were CC or CLI requests.

Message 7 of 15
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card!  They really helped me out and I'll always carry one of their cards because of the no foreign transaction fees.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 15
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Congrats but thats lot of inquiries, wait for some time and let your account age

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may be wrong, but isn't the OP still entitled to recieve a free score from Cap 1? I thought I read somewhere that you can request the score to explain why you recieved the credit limit you did (argument being that you were denied a high credit limit, so want to know the score that caused this denial).

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.