Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

Greetings, fellow credit gardeners! We’re starting a new month, so it’s time to start a new thread. I hereby convene the May meeting of the myFICO Garden Club.

For those who are new to the concept of gardening, it involves refraining from applying for new credit or seeking CLIs that require hard pulls. Soft pulls CLIs, however, are not only acceptable, but are encouraged. The idea is to allow one's current TLs to grow and mature, waiting for inqs to age or fall off, and possibly waiting for "baddies" to be removed or age off. During this time, one tends to one's current accounts and watches their AAoA grow and the new credit ding fade.

So, if you're at the stage of your credit journey where you're ready to enter the garden, please come and join us. You may pick up your complimentary watering can and garden gloves by the front door -- you can even choose your favorite color! We're proud to offer a well appointed clubhouse. There is a snack table set up. This month, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, we have a variety of quesadillas, along with a pitcher of margaritas. In addition, we have a selection of mini-quiches, as Relevate really likes them. And with the Kentucky Derby coming up, we also have mint juleps available. Please feel free to bring and add any items that you'd like. There's also a selection of cold beers and soft drinks. And, in the corner diagonally across from the front door, there is a fully stocked bar. If needed, there are some anti-itch medications stocked in our supply cabinet near the door -- Lanacaine, Benedryl, etc. If you need to place your reports in the deep freeze, we also have a freezer, located next to the bar, so go ahead and throw your reports in! And finally, our newest addition is… a full featured gas grill on the back patio for burgers, kebobs or any other such spring/summer fare; it we ask very nicely, perhaps FR will prepare something for us. Smiley Happy

Come on in and make yourself comfortable. Make a gardening plan and commit to sticking with it! Are you planning to wait six months before applying for additional credit? A year? Until the last of your baddies drop off? Whatever your goal, we're here to support you. If you feel the "app-itch" coming on, let us know and we'll try to help you through it.

Now, if you happen to leave the garden prematurely, that’s your decision and we respect that. You are always welcome to come back, pick up your gardening tools and start over again. But please, celebrate any approvals on another thread. While we are happy with members’ success stories, we really do want to keep this thread’s focus and tone to be consistent with gardening efforts.  You are certainly welcome to celebrate soft CLIs on this thread, though, as they do not involve inqs or apps for new credit.

So, how's everyone's garden looking this month?

This is the current view of my garden:

Cap1 Visa Platinum - 6400 CL

Cap1 NHCR MC - 750 CL

Dillard's Amex - 4200 CL

JC Penney - 2300 CL

Kay Jewelers - 5100 CL

Amex Green - NPSL

This month marks the 1 year anniversary of the last card that I added to my wallet, the Amex Green. It feels great to have a wallet full of cards that are all past the one year mark!

So, how's everyone else doing? Please feel free to share and mingle!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 296
295 REPLIES 295
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

Fell off the wagon. Got the NFCU cashrewards and the NavChek Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 296
logan_720
Established Contributor

I'm the first to post in the GCM Smiley Surprised It has also been 3 months to the date that I have apped, well, except for one. But that's pretty good, in my opinion. So I'm gonna help myself to some metaphorical drinks Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 296
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Still gardening around $40K in CLs hoping two cards will bloom so a weed can be plucked.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 296
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

I have gloves and a shovel. Check my sig Smiley Surprised Since October I got Discover More $1000 >$1700, Amex Zync $500 auto pay and a Barclay $1300> $2500. Come April 2013. Im working on my company credit now without a PG right now. I have been in business since 2006 and we never had a cc.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 5 of 296
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering what this Garden Club meeting thingy was!

Well I think I might be in this catagory since I was approved last night for the AmEx Platinum, I'm now in Gardening mode for at least a year!  I think!

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 296
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I'm app free since 4/2.

This is my garden:

Orchard Bank | $470 Weeded out last month just before it's 5th birthday

Cap 1 | $750

Barclaycard | $2500

Neiman Marcus | $2500

Freedom | $500

Gap Card | $500 -> $871 -> $4000 VISA (all in 2 weeks)

Amex charge 

AA Visa Sig | $3500

AA AMEX | $4000

United Explorer | $1000 -> finally approved today after 2 recon attempts earlier this month and offering to close my freedom to transfer the CL.  

My goal is to stay in the garden until Oct '12.  

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 7 of 296
logan_720
Established Contributor

@snowangel wrote:

I'm app free since 4/2.

This is my garden:

Orchard Bank | $470 Weeded out last month just before it's 5th birthday

Cap 1 | $750

Barclaycard | $2500

Neiman Marcus | $2500

Freedom | $500

Gap Card | $500 -> $871 -> $4000 VISA (all in 2 weeks)

Amex charge 

AA Visa Sig | $3500

AA AMEX | $4000

United Explorer | $1000 -> finally approved today after 2 recon attempts earlier this month and offering to close my freedom to transfer the CL.  

My goal is to stay in the garden until Oct '12.  

A Visa Sig at $3,500? I thought the minimum CL for a Visa Sig was $5k?

Message 8 of 296
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

@snowangel wrote:

AA Visa Sig | $3500

A Visa Sig at $3,500? I thought the minimum CL for a Visa Sig was $5k?

I initially thought the same. See my post.  

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 9 of 296
logan_720
Established Contributor

Yeah, when I foolishly apped for the Hyatt card, which is exclusively a Visa Sig, the Chase CSR told me that it was a starting limit of $5k. Similar to the World Mastercard.

Message 10 of 296
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.