Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - February 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - February 2017

Checking in the for the month fellow gardeners.

Working on month #2.  A shout out to those that have made another month and welcome to all the new gardeners.

Life is good.  Have a great month.

Message 71 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for February too. Congrats to everyone for their Feb check in 

Message 72 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bella and Edman -  last month I was switching from ADT to Frontpoint.  They asked fo check my credit and I asked HP or SP?  I will need to think about it if its an HP.  Re said it was a SP.  Next day, I got a HP.  I let it go for a couple of days but the more I thought about it, the more it bothered me.  I filed a dispute with Ex and emailed Frontpoint.  Got a call right away and they said they would review - apparently calls are recorded.  To wrap this up, they agreed to have it removed. (Assuming they can actually do that) - I have a note on my calendar to check in a month).

Cant hurt to file a complaint.  Hope this helps.

Message 73 of 383
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey everyone, hope everyone is good. Kind of in a funk/ rut/ sad/ mad lol, not sure just hit a wall credit wise . Restarting my garden clock today. 2 days ago tried to see if 3 times the charm with my Boa BBR for a cli but just like a fly meets the end of a swatter, so goeth my dreams for that 10k card and total waste of a hp. I know it happens and many factors go into it but i felt i was heading strong with Boa.

Perhaps i pushed it too soon who knows but thanks to a good friend here, showed me i got support from my friends here so decided to let it go and march on. The trials and tribulations on ones credit journey has many flavors just so happened mine was sour this time. I guess the best thing this did for me was wake me and told me nows the time to pull the straps tight and just enjoy the ride. So im making a goal of mine to no longer request clis( Discover button smashing not includedSmiley Wink )

With my income i should be happy with what i have and if i can go these next 2 years app free who knows perhaps a nice Chase card in my future. I do know i really eventually only want to have like 5 key cards. I got my Discover, will definetly keep my Dc card, if it ever gets nerfed, ill want just one cash back card, a mastercard, an Amex ( though this may not happen for another 10 years or more Smiley Wink ) one visa and a good Bt card, my BBR is good for that.

Sorry for long post, like i said, most of you understand the nuances of not getting what we want lol. But another day passes and like my good friend says, in a couple years ill look back and laugh. When my profile becomes thick enough to wipe away the rejection with a laugh, ill know my work is done Smiley Happy Stay well my friends Smiley Happy AVJ
Message 74 of 383
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey everyone, hope everyone is good. Kind of in a funk/ rut/ sad/ mad lol, not sure just hit a wall credit wise . Restarting my garden clock today. 2 days ago tried to see if 3 times the charm with my Boa BBR for a cli but just like a fly meets the end of a swatter, so goeth my dreams for that 10k card and total waste of a hp. I know it happens and many factors go into it but i felt i was heading strong with Boa.

Perhaps i pushed it too soon who knows but thanks to a good friend here, showed me i got support from my friends here so decided to let it go and march on. The trials and tribulations on ones credit journey has many flavors just so happened mine was sour this time. I guess the best thing this did for me was wake me and told me nows the time to pull the straps tight and just enjoy the ride. So im making a goal of mine to no longer request clis( Discover button smashing not includedSmiley Wink )

With my income i should be happy with what i have and if i can go these next 2 years app free who knows perhaps a nice Chase card in my future. I do know i really eventually only want to have like 5 key cards. I got my Discover, will definetly keep my Dc card, if it ever gets nerfed, ill want just one cash back card, a mastercard, an Amex ( though this may not happen for another 10 years or more Smiley Wink ) one visa and a good Bt card, my BBR is good for that.

Sorry for long post, like i said, most of you understand the nuances of not getting what we want lol. But another day passes and like my good friend says, in a couple years ill look back and laugh. When my profile becomes thick enough to wipe away the rejection with a laugh, ill know my work is done Smiley Happy Stay well my friends Smiley Happy AVJ

We have all been there. My last two HP's were a waste too. That was 12 months ago. Wish you the best in the garden. You have a great attitude so I am sure you will get where you want to be in your credit journey.  I love the Discover button though!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 75 of 383
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't wait to see you go over 800! That is good stuff! I've been thinking mortgage lately too. November will be my 2 year BK anniversary, so it's getting closer to being a possibility. Smiley Happy

Awww...thanks. I danced with my TU score at 808 until my auto loan reported as closed. Then, I lost 21 points. 😝

For a long time I've thought that a mortgage was a good idea, but I am really thinking that I might pay off my student loan debt first. The idea of being over $500-800k in debt is kind of daunting if I were to buy a home with my student loan debt still hanging over my head. If I continue to do what I am doing now, I can pay it off in 3 years by taking a chunk of my savings. So...we'll see. There is no rush for me right now. 

Message 76 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

Happy February Fellow GC Members!

It's my BIRTHDAY month, so I'm uber excited!!! I've been here for a while now and my FICO scores are definitley the fruits of my labor.  My average is 693. I'm almost to the 700 Club, which is one of my goals for 2017. I'm here until 2019 (car purchase).  I encourage everyone here to stay FOCUSED on your financial & credit score goals.  This is not a place to compete.  Do what works best for YOUR financial situation.  Be smart about obtaining new credit and please do your research before jumping on the bandwagon.  As I was told when I first got here, your credit journey is not a sprint but a marathon. Smiley Wink

+1

Message 77 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

Happy February Fellow GC Members!

It's my BIRTHDAY month, so I'm uber excited!!! I've been here for a while now and my FICO scores are definitley the fruits of my labor.  My average is 693. I'm almost to the 700 Club, which is one of my goals for 2017. I'm here until 2019 (car purchase).  I encourage everyone here to stay FOCUSED on your financial & credit score goals.  This is not a place to compete.  Do what works best for YOUR financial situation.  Be smart about obtaining new credit and please do your research before jumping on the bandwagon.  As I was told when I first got here, your credit journey is not a sprint but a marathon. Smiley Wink

Happy Birthday MissMoni!Smiley Happy

Message 78 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@EdMan63 wrote:

Happy Feb everyone. I'm happy and a bit upset this morning. Happy my EX went up 17 pts this morning but mad that ADT did a double pull on my EQ yesterday for a security system for our home. I have a fraud alert so the first time didn't go through while I'm on the phone with the guy. He say let me talk with my Mgr and have you verify your info. Comes back and says congrats. Got an alert from EQ this morn and 2 pulls. Not off to a good start with them.  Any suggestions?

Hi Edman. I'm sorry that happened to you. ADT is horrible. My husband called them in November and asked a sales rep for pricing info. He did not give them his SSN or even the last four, did not give them permission to pull credit, and did not in any way indicate he was going to make a purchase. You guessed it, they did a HP on EQ. He called to have them remove it because they have no "permissable purpose," they said they would, and it's still there. He is going to have to do a dispute through EQ. I will never, ever consider using their services, ever. If you look up reviews on them, you'll see many stories of this sort of thing. Check out SimpliSafe, that is who we will be going with. 

Let me know what you think about Simplisafe. They were running a promo for a bundle deal last month. Did you happen to see it?

Message 79 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome & welcome back to all the new and returning GCers!!! 

For anyone that's unhappy with their current credit situation, STAY POSITIVESmiley Happy and focused on your goals and things will improve. You are in the right place for it to happen. Gardening can have a favorable impact on your credit profiles. 

Congrats to everyone on your successes and continued committment to garden!!! See you around the forum!Smiley Wink

Message 80 of 383
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.