Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Approved at DCU?

tag
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Getting Approved at DCU?

How hard is it to get approved at DCU? I was approved for a Visa Sig today with a $6000 CL but didn't realize that I also had to be approved into the credit union. How hard is it to get in? Now that I've checked the place out I really want to get in. I'm currently paying almost 11% ARP on my Toyota truck right now and DCU has loans as low as 1.99%...I'm getting WAXED by Toyota Financial Services!! 

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Getting Approved at DCU?

It's not difficult but they can get picky with id verifications. You need to apply and they will pull your CR, until then the cc will be on hold.
Message 2 of 16
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Bump..anyone else have anything?
**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
Message 3 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 16
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@jbb2788: So you app-ed for and were approved for the Visa card without being a member?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 16
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

@Credithorder Yes but They asked for income verification so I'm thinking I'll have to send that in before they approve me for membership? Has anyone ever been denied membership?
**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
Message 6 of 16
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I'm not a member either so I couldn't tell you. But I was looking at their site (DCU) this morning and thought you had to already be a member to apply for cards-just like most other CU's. Maybe they'll let you in. Good luck.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes, plenty have which is why it's strongly recommended to become eligible first. Their credit card department is separate from their membership dept. Asking for income verification is for the credit card division only.

Most CUs require membership before any lending products will be finalized.
Message 8 of 16
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Well I didn't see a application for the credit union membership application anywhere so I went ahead and applied for the credit card. I think it is weird that they approved me for the card without being a member first. I understand that they will put the card on hold until I become a member. 

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
Message 9 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I thought the app asked for a membership Id- regardless, you'll find very few CUs that will allow cc's/banking without the collection of 'dues'
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.