Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grown Up Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grown Up Credit Card

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time time lurker looking for a new card and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I currently have the Discover with a new limit of $3500 and a secured citi bank card with a limit of $200 Smiley Indifferent. My current aaoa is 1.1 year. and my scores are as follows Tu-711, Equifax-691 Experian-702.

My utilization was 30% last month so I'm sure the scores will increase as utilization was 4% this month. My limit for the discover also increased from 2,00 to $3,500 in the last month as well. My income is currently $45,000 and I don't have any loans.

I've been looking at the citi double cash but the person at the bank told me that since my secured card isn't going to become unsecured until 03/18, I might be rejected. I currently have 3 inquires from last year August as well.

So now I've been looking at teh Cap QS. Chase Freedom Unlimited and AMEX BCE, but I've been unasure as to my chance in getting approval. I'm also totally open to any recommendations, I just don't want to pay an annual fee lol

Thanks for all you help!!!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Re: Grown Up Credit Card

Are you eligible to join Navy Federal Credit Union?

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure lol. I thought you had to be in the Navy to apply

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did researchand I don't think I'd qualify for the NFCU

Message 4 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time time lurker looking for a new card and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I currently have the Discover with a new limit of $3500 and a secured citi bank card with a limit of $200 Smiley Indifferent. My current aaoa is 1.1 year. and my scores are as follows Tu-711, Equifax-691 Experian-702.

My utilization was 30% last month so I'm sure the scores will increase as utilization was 4% this month. My limit for the discover also increased from 2,00 to $3,500 in the last month as well. My income is currently $45,000 and I don't have any loans.

I've been looking at the citi double cash but the person at the bank told me that since my secured card isn't going to become unsecured until 03/18, I might be rejected. I currently have 3 inquires from last year August as well.

So now I've been looking at teh Cap QS. Chase Freedom Unlimited and AMEX BCE, but I've been unasure as to my chance in getting approval. I'm also totally open to any recommendations, I just don't want to pay an annual fee lol

Thanks for all you help!!!

I would try for the Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Total revolving limits 650200 (530700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 708 TU 714 EX 715

Message 5 of 24
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

If you your grandfather or father or mother or a sibling were in one of the Armed Forces, you would be eligible.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you suggest that I apply now or wait until my scores are higher in a couple of days?

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase should have no problem approving you for the Freedom Unlimited or the Freedom (or both!)

If you're not eligible for NFCU, there's always PenFed. How is your EQ Fico9 score?

Message 8 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

If you your grandfather or father or mother or a sibling were in one of the Armed Forces, you would be eligible.

Assuming the relative is alive and joins NCFU before OP does, right?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 24
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Not necessarily. If a family member is a veteran you can join. But in doing that it is better to call in and not try online. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.