Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC electronic statement notifications

tag
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

HSBC electronic statement notifications

Over the last three months, I've noticed that I haven't been receiving statement emails for my Best Buy and Saks store card accounts.  Both are backed by HSBC.   I'm not setup to receive paper statements on both cards.  Am I the only one that is having this problem?

I logged on to my Saks account last week and noticed that a new statement was generated with a statement date of Aug 12th and I haven't received an email from HSBC.  I keep small balances on both cards so I can keep them active and open so I'm not too concerned about the finance charges.

I called HSBC's technical support  a month ago and they assured me that statement emails are being sent to my email account.  I obviously checked the spam folder before I called them.  I know my email address is correct in their system because I do receive notifications when a payment is posted to my account, but not when a new statement is available.

I think HSBC is trying to trip people up.  Luckily, I have all of my statement dates saved in a spreadsheet that I check a few times a week.  I'm OCD in that respect.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: HSBC electronic statement notifications

Interesting! I just went through my one of my inboxes, sorting by sender, and the last statement notification showing is dated January 23, 2010, followed by the annual privacy notification on January 31. Then I checked a different e-mail account (my life has gotten far too complicated), and they're now arriving there, so I guess I changed e-mail addresses. But I'm still getting promo e-mails at the first account.

If they're still sending you e-mails, they should be able to tell you when they sent out the last one. Smiley Wink Ask them to forward it to you. Smiley Wink Smiley Wink That will show if they sent it at all, and if so, to what e-mail address.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

Thanks hauling, you noticed the same thing I did.  I sorted email by sender and the last statement notification was sent in June.   I will ask them to forward me one of the statement emails.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had a Saks August 12th statement date.  I just received my electronic statement notification this morning (August 18th).

Message 4 of 11
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@bakalao2k wrote:

Over the last three months, I've noticed that I haven't been receiving statement emails for my Best Buy and Saks store card accounts.  Both are backed by HSBC.   I'm not setup to receive paper statements on both cards.  Am I the only one that is having this problem?

Why not consider yourself lucky not to be receiving what amounts to spam?  I used to try to get the CCCs to stop sending those statement-ready e-mails but they all refused.  Fortunately they haven't figured out how to disable the delete button.

@bakalao2k wrote:

I think HSBC is trying to trip people up.  Luckily, I have all of my statement dates saved in a spreadsheet that I check a few times a week.  I'm OCD in that respect.

I think you're doing the right thing here.  I keep records of when I receive my statements, too.   Knowing when to expect it, I just go to that CCC's website on the next day, and there it is.  Easy.

BTW, what's OCD?

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OCD = obsessive-compulsive disorder

I get the electronic statements, but I actually keep track of things by my Bookmarks feature. (I think it's Favorites on Windows computers, but I've successfully blocked out most of my Windows memories.) I bookmark each of my accounts, and then I organize them so that they display in calendar order. When I click on Bookmarks, there they are on the drop-down list.

This is especially handy for those of us who pay before the statement, since we're obviously not going to get an e-mail saying that the statement will drop in 5 days.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 11
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Thanks, hauling.  I guess about 50% of members here (including me) must be OCD. Smiley Wink

Interesting suggestion on the bookmarks.  I have mine organized functionally (family, financial, medical, ...) and wasn't aware that date-based organization was an option.  I'll look into it.

Bookmarks vs favorites isn't literally a Windows vs. ROW distinction.  I think of favorites as IE terminology, but you don't have to use IE under Windows (but admittedly, MS tries hard to make you).  I have to use WIndows (why? udonwannano), but use Mozilla Firefox for browsing, almost exclusively.  That's where I'm familiar with bookmarks, anyway.

Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, that's right. It blurs! I escaped to my Mac two years ago, and now that I think about it, I had FF there as well.

I don't think that you can hit a button to organize bookmarks chronologically. I just list the accounts in order, including their statement dates as part of their names.

Here's what it looks like when I click Bookmarks (I dug this up off of an older post of mine, so one card's gone and a new one is now on the list):

224i8430215F3F02FA88

So whenever I click on Bookmarks for anything at all, my memory is jogged by seeing this. As the proud owner of a flaming case of adult ADHD, I need visual reminders to save me from myself.

Message 8 of 11
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Thanks, hauling (and sorry for the delayed response, been preoccupied with "other things" for a while).  I see what you mean now.

Here's how I handle that.  It's a bit OT for this thread, but everyone else seems to be finished with it anyway.  I use an Excel spreadsheet for recordkeeping of all my regular payments -- not just credit cards, also property taxes, utilities and telecoms for two residences, all kinds of insurance, etc., and oh yeah, my income.  Whenever I receive a bill, I update that entry in the spreadsheet with the new due date and amount (the amount has become a littly tricky with the PIF-before-statement trick I learned here).  Excel calculates when I have to schedule the transaction, based on other entries that show how fast my online bill-pay can deliver to that payee.  Every Saturday, I resort the list according to the transaction dates, and schedule the next week's worth of payments.

Excel also has a nice feature that mimics your bookmarks: you can enter a hyperlink in a cell, along with a text string.  So just clicking on the name of a given payee goes to that account's billing page.

Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Excel is a wonderful option, for those who are comfortable with it. (Note to self: time to settle down and get comfortable with Excel.)

Glad to see you back around!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.