Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Accounts

tag
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Hidden Accounts

I have the Sinclair charge card which has a $650 limit and the full balance is due each month. Had to have a hard inquiry on TU report to get it. Sinclair manages the card in house so whenever I call their customer service I am always talking to someone in Salt Lake City which is the area I live in. They don't report to credit bureaus so the account doesn't show on my credit reports and never has. The only Sinclair thing on my report is only on TU for the inquiry which should fall off my report in a year from now since the inquiry was a year ago. Are there any other credit cards and/or charge cards that stay hidden from credit reports like the Sinclair card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Hidden Accounts

Hidden tradelines seem few and far in between these days.  

Here's an older thread - the only one (as far as I know) mentioned that is no longer hidden is the PayPal loc - but you'd have to research the others to find out if things have changed.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Compiling-List-of-Hidden-Tradelines/m-p/3926474

Others may come along post some gems... 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Honestly, very few remain as non-reportable on CRs.  I believe the John Deere card and Tiffany's fall under the same "cloaking" scenario. 

In the past, Bill Me Later (now with SYNCB as PayPal credit) used to be the darling for being "invisible".  The BMO Harris Diners Club cards were similar in that regard.  But, sadly those cloaking features have sailed into the sunset.

Message 3 of 4
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Why are there so few cloaked accounts these days? I'm considering closing my sinclair card since they lowered the discount the card gives to where it is now less than half as good as it used to be. My chase amazon visa gives 2% back on gas which is comparable to the discount the sinclair card gives me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.