Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Credit Cards Do YOU have?

tag
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?

Visa:

Chase Amazon Visa (use only for amazon purchase since I'm a prime member)

Chase Sapphire Preferred (got it for promotional sign up but will downgrade to regular sapphire before annual fee)

Chase Freedom (use for rotating categories 5% cash)

Capitol One Business Spark Cash (flat 2% cash back but only $5k limit)

Mastercard:

Citi Diamond Preferred (18month 0% APR on $15k balance)

Citi Thank You ($500 CL card I can give to friends/family that I need to buy something for me)

American Express:

Business Platinum (heavily used prior to getting Plum card and need to keep in order to get the 20% back on points when booking travel with points so still worth the $450 annual fee)

Business Plum (main everything card, generally opting for the 1.5% but occasionally will take the extra 60 days)

Blue Cash (an older version that gives me 1.5% after spending 6k and 5% cash back on gas after $6k)

Discover:

Discover It (only used when Discover has special promotions for things I am purchasing)

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 331 of 653
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

I have 3 cards all with visa emblems.Would like to add just 3 or 4 more. A  mastercard, Discover card and maybe a CitiBank. Having $20K-$30K in credit card spending is more than enough for my day to day spending habits.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 332 of 653
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

@teddybearkelli1 wrote:

32, but I manage them well and they all serve a purpose. (and this is considering that I just closed 5 this month)

I find that hard to believe...unless the purpose is to increase your CL max.

Message 333 of 653
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Re: How Many Credit Cards Do YOU have?

2 credit cards:
Delta Community CU Visa
NFCU nRewards Visa

If NFCU offered an Amex I'd add that one. Penfed Amex may be an option but right now I'm happy with having two cards.
Message 334 of 653
Contributor

Four as you can see in my sig.

Eventually I want the following:

Citi Forward

Chase Freedom

Amex Blue Cash Everday

Sallie Mae World Mastercard

Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 335 of 653
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

Main cards:

Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $14,300 CL (Primary use card)

Chase Sapphire Preferred World MasterCard - $10,000 CL

Citi Dividend World Elite MasterCard - $10,000 CL

USAA Platinum MasterCard - $9,000 CL

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $8,300 CL

Discover IT - $4,500 CL

Retail Cards:

Newegg.com Store Account - $6,400 CL (Hidden trade line)

Amazon.com Store Account - $3,800 CL

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 336 of 653
rkinnahan
New Contributor

10, see Sig.

In February of this year i had 3, so 2013 has been quite the year for me adding:

Chase Amazon Rewards (Feb)

Citi ThankYou Premier (Feb)

Amex SPG (May)

Chase Freedom (May)

Chase Sapphire Preferred (May)

Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (May)

Banana Republic Visa (June)

I'm also an AU on an Amex BCP.  I'm looking to add 2 more cards to my wallet before I call it quits, but that's after a few stints in the garden.  Amex Hilton HHonors (Nov) and Citi Hilton Reserve (February).

Goal is a total of 13 if you include the AU.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 337 of 653
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Major

2 Amex

1 Signature Visa

1 Discover

4 Visa

4 MC

1 Walmart Store card that I don't really know if I ever want the Discover version of.

I really need to quit this habit!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 338 of 653
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Too Many!!!

see below

*8/10/13
Message 339 of 653
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

see below - 8 open and 1 closed

Message 340 of 653
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.