Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Solid is this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Solid is this?

My scores dont really warrant a DC pre-approval like i just received do they?DC.png

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Solid is this?

Possibly. Those are not good terms -- 23.49% with no 0% period (some offers have 18 mo. at 0%). And probably a low SL -- upside is that Citi is good with CLIs and APR reductions. If you want the card, go for it.

Citi uses FICO 8 Bankcard, which may be higher than the scores in your sig. 

Message 2 of 19
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

unless you want yet another low sl/cl high % card you should pass.  imo you dont need any more cards. 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would garden some more and get those scores up before going for any new cards.
Message 4 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores dont really warrant a DC pre-approval like i just received do they?DC.png

Citibank preapprovals are considered reliable.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 19
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Mostly will get you an approval but beware of a very low starting limit (typically $1K - 2K) and obviosuly that unsually high APR.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not going to jump on it, I was just shocked that I had a pre-approval for it.  I thought my scores would be way too low for them.  Im waiting for a few more months then I will be out of 5/24 to apply for chase cards

Message 7 of 19
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im not going to jump on it, I was just shocked that I had a pre-approval for it.  I thought my scores would be way too low for them.  Im waiting for a few more months then I will be out of 5/24 to apply for chase cards

The great thing about Citi pre-qual (and Cap1) is that as your score/credit gets better, you can see better offers with lower APR. DW first pre-qual APR was high, her score increased with time and now the pre-qual put her at lowest APR available.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep checking online for prequalified offers with citi. the more you check the more they mail you and the terms should get better. you should be able to get a dc with 0% for 15-18 months on bt's AND purchases with a lower APR. however the highest apr is what you're seeing which is possibly due to your scores.  once you are in the high 700's that should change.

HOWEVER, if you need the BT now, you can still take advantage of 2% if you pay in excess of the minimum payment to cover the monthly charges.

If you want to get chase cards that is a wise idea to worry about 5/24.

Your shared secure addition was a good idea.

Do the 2 non major CC's in OP's sig count towards 5/24?  If not, check online with chase to see if you have any prequalified offers.

Anyway yes it may start with a low CL, but you can always take a HP later on when scores are better to get an increase. Mine started at 2400 and got a sp increase to 3800 in under 5 months.  Then when it was 7 months old got an increase to 10k, then when it was a year old increased to 15k.  Scores at approval were 700.  And I was getting mail offers just like that and online, then one day a 0 for 18 months then 13.99 (now 14.49) offer came in the mail on purchases and BT's, so I took it.

To recap, if those  2 store cards don't count, which here says they dont http://millionmilesecrets.com/2016/10/23/do-store-cards-count-towards-the-chase-524-rule/ then you should check chase for prequalified offers, and if you see any post it here

Message 9 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The great thing about Citi pre-qual (and Cap1) is that as your score/credit gets better, you can see better offers with lower APR. DW first pre-qual APR was high, her score increased with time and now the pre-qual put her at lowest APR available.

+1 and to others also.

Use this as a gardening measure. Over time, checking at the first of the month, you should see your offer improve.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.