cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take to receive Discover?

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: How long did it take to receive Discover?

@enharu wrote:
I am just curious for people who got approved by Discover. How long did it take for your account to be set up, have an account number assigned, and for the card to arrive in the mail?

It has been 2-3 business days and they hasn't even assigned me an account number, much less send a new card out. I called csr and they sent me to new accounts, and new accounts sent me back to csr, and then back to new accounts again. I eventually gave up trying to call.

Please let me know about your experiences! I applied for freedom a day later and it arrived today, so Discover has been a surprisingly disappointing experience for me.

For my Discover IT was 3 days.

App'd on 3/1 friday, got it on 3/4, monday.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 11 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

Wow you guys all got it pretty fast. I don't know what's going on with mine.

Because I'm self employed? Or my initial CL despite never having any relationship with discover before this? I can't really think of any other reasons lol.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 53
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

This is not the usual MO for Discover. My card took 4 days to arrive. Freedom took 10 days.
Message 13 of 53
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I apped late on a Tuesday night, and had the card on Saturday.  Sit tight, it should be there soon.

Message 14 of 53
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I wouldn't have mind if they just told me they needed extra processing time. I can wait, if they need me to. What got frustrating was that when they kept transferring me in between departments, claiming its the other side's responsibility. Even when I told the csr and new account dept that I just talked to the other side, they still went ahead and told me to talk to them rather than working it out in a 3 way call or something.

Only thing that I managed to confirm was that my CL is indeed 9000, so maybe a csr gave me a wrong number or I misheard.

Right now I'm kinda regretting I applied even though they gave me a high CL. Just kept thinking I should have went ahead with citi thank you premier instead.

Oh well. Maybe I'm just grumpy lol.

Try Discover's Live Chat...the chat agents are very helpful.

Message 15 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

i can't use their live chat until my account is set up :/

just tried calling account. account isn't set up and they told me to talk to new accounts department again.

I give up entirely.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 53
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Apped on Wednesday 3/27 got it Saturday 3/30

Message 17 of 53
danielodonoll
New Contributor

maybe 1 week

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 18 of 53
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I apped on Tuesday got card Saturday.
Call em Smiley Happy

P.s. then stop applying all over kingdom come so you can get a BCP!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 19 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:
I apped on Tuesday got card Saturday.
Call em Smiley Happy

P.s. then stop applying all over kingdom come so you can get a BCP!!

haha i'm done with apps for the next 6-12 months most likely. If I am to apply for other cards, it will have to have a compelling sign up bonus or I somehow can put very good use to that card.

Only cards that interest me now are BCP and Citi Thank You Premier.

I'm planning to go to Japan or Korea for a holiday and that's 12000 miles roundtrip, which is like $120 in rewards if I use TYP to pay for it Smiley Surprised

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.