cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take to receive Discover?

tag
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long did it take to receive Discover?

When I got approved for my Discover card, I had applied for it on a Saturday night, Got my account set up and everything, and found out the site was down for some maintainence, then next morning I checked my app status and it told me I was approved. The following monday, my card came in the mail all nice and shiny. And I hear the packaging for IT is really nice, but mine came with just an envelope with a card, and my TU score, so nothing fancy Smiley Sad. But all in all Discover has been good to me in the time I have been with....so congrats on getting in with them. It shouldn't take more then a week for it to come in at the most. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 21 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

ok few updates, good things mostly.

I saw my account finally being created on Tuesday 11.22pm PST and I logged in and called CSR right away. For some reason, I was approved for the More card, rather than the IT card. I am guessing it has to do with the referral link Smiley Tongue
My CL is still 9000. I tried testing my luck and ask for more, but to no avail. I'm still happy, since I wasn't expecting a CLI at all right away.

Conversion to the IT is seamless, but full conversion will have to wait until my next billing cycle, which is almost 2 months away but the CSR said she'll follow up and make sure I get 1% and 5% respectively for all my purchases starting today, which is really nice of her.

Best part of it all, they're able to Fedex the card out, which should arrive Thursday or latest Friday.

I am now much happier than I was yesterday morning lol. If the card does arrive before this weekend I'll put over 3k on it right away Smiley Very Happy

Btw, how long does it take for payments to post on Discover? I will be paying from a Chase / Citi / Wells Fargo account, whichever is fine, if it makes a difference in the time for payment to go through and post.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 22 of 53
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

I wonder if i should call and have them fedex my it card. I think it may be to late since they sent me an email saying that it was shipped already. I am so glad to finaly be able to get good cards now that my credit is up. Next card is AMEX next year even tho i think i could recon one now. I just need to garden now.

Message 23 of 53
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

I got my IT in two days before it was cool Smiley Tongue

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 24 of 53
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

Its not cool to me its a step to improving my credit and also a sign to me that I have been doing the right thing with my credit and it is paying off. I have come along way last year april I didnt have any credit cards and just applied for cap one secured, so to go from that to cap one cash reward to discover is a very good thing to me. I have 3 (one in the mail) cc now last year I had none.

Message 25 of 53
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

I didn't mean it that way, I just meant I had it before everyone started applying for it

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

Message 26 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

@Richierichdollar wrote:

I wonder if i should call and have them fedex my it card. I think it may be to late since they sent me an email saying that it was shipped already. I am so glad to finaly be able to get good cards now that my credit is up. Next card is AMEX next year even tho i think i could recon one now. I just need to garden now.

you can always call to have them fedex it. they will ship another out, and you will receive the fedex first, and the USPS mail later. you'll end up with 2 cards. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 27 of 53
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

@a3quit4s wrote:

I didn't mean it that way, I just meant I had it before everyone started applying for it

Sorry to come off like that to. I am just taking my credit serious. I have worked hard just to get the little thinks I have now lol imagine how much harder I have to work to get the other cards I want. lol

Message 28 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

@Richierichdollar wrote:

Its not cool to me its a step to improving my credit and also a sign to me that I have been doing the right thing with my credit and it is paying off. I have come along way last year april I didnt have any credit cards and just applied for cap one secured, so to go from that to cap one cash reward to discover is a very good thing to me. I have 3 (one in the mail) cc now last year I had none.

Don't worry. Time solves everything for most credit issues. I remember 7 years ago I was stuck with only my Wells Fargo, Bloomingdales & Macy's (Bloomingdales and Macys are same company, so technically just WF and Macy's). All because of Macy's $2 fee that you get charged for even when you PIF. I didn't know about that, and they didn't send me a statement, so I got hit with a 30-day late that they refused to remove.

Fast forward to today, I could have gotten most cards out there if I didn't screw my own credit up again by applying for a stupid auto loan that resulted in 5 inquiries on my EX. But at least I got approved for CSP, Freedom and Discover. I'm happy. Just a bit bitter that Amex rejected me with 768 fico.

Message 29 of 53
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

@Richierichdollar wrote:

@a3quit4s wrote:

Sorry to come off like that to. I am just taking my credit serious. I have worked hard just to get the little thinks I have now lol imagine how much harder I have to work to get the other cards I want. lol

I know how you feel. I had three charge offs when I was 18 and had to start with Orchard Bank and BoA secured. Crapitol One gave me my first card with a 2k limit in the summer of 2009. Lots of hard work to get where I am. Keep at it you'll be at the level you want in time

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.