Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long till BCP sub posts?

tag
Flfico
Regular Contributor

How long till BCP sub posts?

3rd statement closed Sunday. Thought they were usually pretty quick?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: How long till BCP sub posts?

It is tied to when you hit your spend rather than statement cut date. Mine posted within a couple days of me hitting my 1K spend on the card, as did the sub on my other AMEX I have. I believe this is typical. I would reach out to customer service if you hit your spend requirement some time ago and still haven't received it.  

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 15
Flfico
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the response. Yes I hit the spend requirement shortly after the 1st statement cut. Ill have to reach out

Message 3 of 15
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Now I have to ask this question: did you notice a pop up window anywhere during your application process stating anything about you not qualifying for a SUB from AMEX? They are known to do this for various reasons. I hope it is just a system glitch and this was not the case. Let us all know how it pans out! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 15
Flfico
Regular Contributor

No pop up window. I chatted with a csr who confirmed it was linked to the account but just regurgitated the terms that it can take 8-12 weeks to post. Hopefully soon

Message 5 of 15
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Chat rep told me six months in 2015. Still waiting.

Message 6 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

My own personal experience on numerous cards, and that of most other posters here, is that Amex subs usually post within a few days of the spending requirement being met.  Just to confirm, you did not include the annual fee in the amount of spend required and deducted any credits/refunds from the spend amount?  And no charges included were other amounts specifically excluded such as cash equivalents?

Message 7 of 15
Flfico
Regular Contributor

Nope no cash equivalents and definitely met the spend requirement. I thought it seemed strange though

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My upgrade SUB on BCP hit 2 days after the spend was met, and the same has happend on all my other cards as well. I guess just keep watching and reach out to them at the 8-12 week mark? Which would technically be around that 3rd statement, so pretty soon now!

I would ahev them dig into it.

Message 9 of 15
ccquest
Established Contributor

Confirming what the others said, on my BCE that statement credit came shortly after hitting the MSR.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.