Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to app for csp?

tag
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

How long to app for csp?

I got the freedom early this month and I see now that I can maximize my rewards if I also have the csp and ink. I plan on traveling once a month for business starting within the next 2-3 months so it would be nice to have the CSP.
Also what seems to be the approval criteria?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: How long to app for csp?

Can you provide more info on your report, scores and history? Is your freedom your 1st card with chase?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

We need more info.

Also it may be best to hold that freedom card for a year then app since its a new account.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 18
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Freedom is my first chase card, yes. My scores are EQ 686(chase pull), TU 700(barclay pull), EX 667(Amex pull).
Aaoa is 1.3 years.
Message 4 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

What's your oldest account history and AAoA?

What's your highest limit and what's your CL for freedom? How many inquiries?

I don't think you will get approved for csp with your current scores. It's best to wait for 6 months to a year and also try to improve your scores in the meantime
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 18
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Oldest account right now is 3 years next month. Highest limit is 3500. Chase freedom limit is 2k.
I figured I might be dreaming, but hopefully my scores improve and with good history on my freedom they will approve me.
Message 6 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Try to get your CL increased above 5000 as well. Chase likes to match limits, rather than to be the first lender giving you your highest CL.

Keep your freedom in good standing and you definitely will stand a very high chance in 6-12 months from now.
Message 7 of 18
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

In 6 months my BCE will hopefully be 9k with the 3x CLI. And I will ask for a CLI on the freedom then too.
Message 8 of 18
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I got a CSP with my only other high CL card being a Home Depot card at $7200. I had also had a Freedom stuck at less than 2k for years. My scores at the time were in the very low 700 range and under. They also raised my CL ony Freedom to 7.5k at the same time. I have a paid tax lien and a 6 year or so AaoA.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 9 of 18
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Hi, I was dumb to apply for the chase sapphire as well when I just got my freedom last week I was deny so don't apply yet. I called back door for recon and was deny as well but the nice analyst suggested that I get one account to have at least 5k limit.. Also he suggest that I let the freedom age abit so it shows how we handle one of their cards.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.