Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get CSP!? Need helpful advice

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to get CSP!? Need helpful advice

This CSP thing is way over thought, like an Amex...  it's not that hard to get.

but I would get Util down in the 20's at least.

Message 11 of 29
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Why do you want a CSP anyways?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 29
Stralem
Established Contributor

Guys. You don't *need* an existing $5000 line to qualify. Where did this rumor even come from?

While there may be cards out there that do have that as a hard requirement, the CSP isn't one of them.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 13 of 29
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Guys. You don't *need* an existing $5000 line to qualify. Where did this rumor even come from?

While there may be cards out there that do have that as a hard requirement, the CSP isn't one of them.

plus one to this.. i opened my freedom with 3500 limit dec 2013.. highest limit and first card in years ( nearly a decade )  two months later apped and approved for the csp with the starting 5k limit.

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 14 of 29
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

only advice i'd give.. while i'm far from a credit expert i do have a freedom and csp.. get ur util down a bit. as others have said.

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 15 of 29
mirachi
Regular Contributor

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

plus one to this.. i opened my freedom with 3500 limit dec 2013.. highest limit and first card in years ( nearly a decade )  two months later apped and approved for the csp with the starting 5k limit.

+2 I've seen at least two people who don't have pre-existing 5000 lines and get approved for the CSP (in fact, I do believe right after approval of the CSP, they asked for CLI on their Freedom...and was granted an overall CL of....$1800

Both did have at least 6 months on another Chase card (Freedom or Slate) and have the CSP show up on the preapproval page

Interestingly enough, with a very small sample size of 5 people, those who had another Chase card (regardless of credit history) had at least one pre-approval from Chase; those who did not, had nothing show up for them (of course, that is not to say that Chase won't approve but just nothing showed on the pre-approval page)

My recommendation is to try for a Freedom (or Slate), use it and pay on time, and check periodically for a pre-approval from Chase for CSP (+ decrease in UTIL before apping wouldn't hurt too)

Good luck!

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 16 of 29
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Why do you want a CSP anyways?

^ this. At 26, why do you need a CSP? Are you looking to travel a lot in up front/upstairs? If not I would look for a good cash back card (fidelity amex, arrival, IT, freedom... Maybe venture).

And yes, I consider those cash back cards because that is essentially what they are. 

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 17 of 29
garci349
Established Member

Why would the boa be the best chance of getting a line increase?
Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Message 18 of 29
garci349
Established Member

I would like a csp because of better travel points.. I pay 95 for amex
Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Message 19 of 29
garci349
Established Member

Should I try to apply for csp first... And if Denied apply for freedom? Or freedom first
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.