cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: I am above NFCU's 80k max secured limit? I didn't think they allowed that.

I found another reference from March of this year at >THIS< link ... 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 11 of 24
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

I found another reference from March of this year at >THIS< link ... 

Wow thanks everyone, lots and lots of examples of them letting people go over the 80k then quickly reigning it back in. I am happy with 80k overall limit, way more than enough. 

I wonder if they let you spread the 80 across the 3 cards however you please. Thinking I'd go:

Flagship: 40k

More Rewards: 25k

GoRewards: 15k

Honestly might try PCing the GoRewards into a CashRewards if they let me. 

Message 12 of 24
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Shouldn't they raise that to $100k since the dollar is only worth like 80% now?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I have been over the 80k cap about four years ago and was called by an UW and stated I was over it and how I would like my limits adjusted to get under said cap of 80k in unsecured CC.  The chopping block is coming just how and when.  Rule is very much still in place.

Message 14 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Shouldn't they raise that to $100k since the dollar is only worth like 80% now?

Should possibly, but be silly as people are carrying more balances and as a result defaults are going up as well so wouldn't likely be a fiscal responsible move in the current economic situation of inflation, recessions either here or coming, etc. 

Message 15 of 24
tcbofade
Super Contributor

This happened to me as well.  I'd expect a CLD on the card that you just got a CLI on...

...and mine was an auto CLI...  smiley-laughing021.gif

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 16 of 24
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I have been over the 80k cap about four years ago and was called by an UW and stated I was over it and how I would like my limits adjusted to get under said cap of 80k in unsecured CC.  The chopping block is coming just how and when.  Rule is very much still in place.

Wait, did I read that right? You were over the 80k limit for four years before you received a phone call about correcting it?

Message 17 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Wait, did I read that right? You were over the 80k limit for four years before you received a phone call about correcting it?

No sorry if I wrote to be confusing as just awoke when typed it.  It was about 4-5 years ago I believe they realized I was above the max of 80k.  Took them 2-4 weeks to realize it and then give me a call to reduce CL's as I saw fit to be at 80k.

Message 18 of 24
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

No sorry if I wrote to be confusing as just awoke when typed it.  It was about 4-5 years ago I believe they realized I was above the max of 80k.  Took them 2-4 weeks to realize it and then give me a call to reduce CL's as I saw fit to be at 80k.

Upon rereading, I don't think it was confusing as I just awoke myself when I read it and I think I read it wrong. 

I went ahead and sent NFCU a secured message letting them know I think I inadvertently went above the maximum secured credit limit and to get ahead could I reallocate my 80k over three cards in any way I wish. I also asked to confirm this wouldn't mess with my intro bonus offer on the Flagship. 

Message 19 of 24
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Upon rereading, I don't think it was confusing as I just awoke myself when I read it and I think I read it wrong. 

I went ahead and sent NFCU a secured message letting them know I think I inadvertently went above the maximum secured credit limit and to get ahead could I reallocate my 80k over three cards in any way I wish. I also asked to confirm this wouldn't mess with my intro bonus offer on the Flagship. 

It won't affect your SUB, but as far as allocating as you wish, not sure. They may just let you pick which card to take the CLD on.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.