Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BB&T Still Doing SP Approvals?

tag
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

Is BB&T Still Doing SP Approvals?

I noticed a few SP approvals for BB&T in the approval forum in the last few months. Is there a general consensus that they are still doing those now? And is that only if you go through the prequalifier? I had a bank account with them a couple years but that was closed about seven years ago so I don't know much about them. Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is BB&T Still Doing SP Approvals?

I like to know too as I like to get one card with them before the merger goes thru.

Message 2 of 13
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

I like to know too as I like to get one card with them before the merger goes thru.

For sure. Also I read one thread where someone doubled-up and got two on soft pulls at the same time I think. And someone even had 6 cards with them (whaaaat!) lol. Could I get two at the same time?

Message 3 of 13
vic6string
Regular Contributor

I just got my BB&T Spectrum about a month ago from the prequal site without any hard pulls. Good starting limit too. 

Message 4 of 13
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@vic6string wrote:

I just got my BB&T Spectrum about a month ago from the prequal site without any hard pulls. Good starting limit too. 

Curious - did you apply straight from that site at that time?

I ask because a few weeks ago I was getting approved for all 3 cards several times and I even got some invitation # to use
if I applied. I jotted the # down, but since they I can pre-q all day long on that site, clearning cache and everything, and that
offer never returns.

Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have the link for the 21 page thread on BB&T SP Approvals from 2019?

I read thru it yesterday, but now I cannot locate it.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Peace!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 13
vic6string
Regular Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@vic6string wrote:

Curious - did you apply straight from that site at that time?

I ask because a few weeks ago I was getting approved for all 3 cards several times and I even got some invitation # to use
if I applied. I jotted the # down, but since they I can pre-q all day long on that site, clearning cache and everything, and that
offer never returns.

Yes, I did it right on the site once it did the pre-qual. I kept getting prequal'd for all 3, so I finally just pulled the trigger. Their app and website are kind of a jumbled mess, but the card got to me fairly quickly, there was no inquiry, they reported the new account right when the first statement cut, and I haven't had any issues. Rewards show up right away, and the 2% on utilities covers my cell phone and internet/cable (Sprint and Comcast). 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which cards gives points for the utilities, etc?

Thanks.

Peace!

Message 9 of 13
justjac2
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which cards gives points for the utilities, etc?

Thanks.

Peace!

Cash Rewards has 2% on utilities but for some reason, my water bill doesn't count.

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.