cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having issues with HSBC not reporting to the CRAs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone having issues with HSBC not reporting to the CRAs?

I suspect HSBC may be having some issues but who knows and was curious to know if anyone else was having problems.

I have three accounts from them that have not been updated since December 09.

Normally, I wouldn't care but one card was reporting a $350.00 balance while it only has a $600.00 CL.  I know bad idea

As soon as I learned how much of an impact it was having on my score I paid it down to below 9%.   This is also the card HSBC gave me a $ 200 CLI on. 

Anyways, I'm in the process of trying to get a pre-approval for a mortgage and my scores aren't all that great. 610-620

If I can get HSBC to update I'm hopeful my scores will increase enough to get approved.

I called customer service and told the agent what was going on and he seemed a bit puzzled by it at least that's what he sounded like to me.  He put me on hold for a few minutes and when he came back told me that I needed to write a letter to their credit bureau verification department.

Unfortunately, for me I have an appointment with a loan officer this coming Thursday March 11th. So I don't know what I can do to get them to report before then.

Message Edited by wgfroggy on 03-04-2010 11:56 PM
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is anyone having issues with HSBC not reporting to the CRAs?

@Anonymous wrote:

I suspect HSBC may be having some issues but who knows and was curious to know if anyone else was having problems.

I have three accounts from them that have not been updated since December 09.

Normally, I wouldn't care but one card was reporting a $350.00 balance while it only has a $600.00 balance.  I know bad idea

As soon as I learned how much of an impact it was having on my score I paid it down to below 9%.   This is also the card HSBC gave me a $ 200 CLI on. 

Anyways, I'm in the process of trying to get a pre-approval for a mortgage and my scores aren't all that great. 610-620

If I can get HSBC to update I'm hopeful my scores will increase enough to get approved.

I called customer service and told the agent what was going on and he seemed a bit puzzled by it at least that's what he sounded like to me.  He put me on hold for a few minutes and when he came back told me that I needed to write a letter to their credit bureau verification department.

Unfortunately, for me I have an appointment with a loan officer this coming Thursday March 11th. So I don't know what I can do to get them to report before then.

I assume you mean that it only had a $600 limit. I don't know if you can get HSBC to do anything, unless there is some way you can escalate the problem to a supervisor.  Every time I've called them I just end up frustrated. What is your overal util? This individual account may not be making as big an impact on your score as you think.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I meant CL sorry if I confused you.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about your overall utilization? Is this your only card?
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to the HSBC Platinum I have a JC Penney card with an 1800 CL.   

I'm not carrying a balance on the JC Penney card.  

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem I had with HSBC's reporting is when u go a while without using your card they will stop updating but as soon as u use it they normally update all the way to the current Month.
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They havent reported my two HSBC cards since December on EQ and TU, and January on EX.  Alot of people have been complaining about it.  They have a thread running this same topic on the creditboards forum.
Message 7 of 23
laz98
Senior Contributor

seems like lots of people are having mroe & more problems.  mine seem to be reporting okay.
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone is having issues with HSBC not updating with the CRAs it might be a good idea to contact the office of the president.

I don't know if I can post the number so if anyone wants it let send me a pm

I had an issue with my credit cards not being reported and I called the office of the president and they were incredibly helpful.   I was able to get them to report to the CRAs.

Hopefully I won't have the same issue next month. 

Message 9 of 23
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Did your meeting go okay with the LO?

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.