cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Citi Shell/Fuel Rewards credit card contactless?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the Citi Shell/Fuel Rewards credit card contactless?

I ask because I saw the following on this page despite the contactless symbol (the sideways Wi-Fi looking one) not appearing on the front:

shell-citi.png

That said, even if it were I'm not sure I'd get it considering 10c/gallon is easily attainable with the regular Fuel Rewards program if you fill up at Shell often enough. Maybe the card's still useful to some though.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Re: Is the Citi Shell/Fuel Rewards credit card contactless?

It's probably not contactless. It is also not on this list. In any case, it is worth mentioning that my Cit Costco Visa card (as well as my Amex Delta card) has the contactless symbol at the back of the card.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the Citi Shell/Fuel Rewards credit card contactless?

@staticvoidmain wrote:

It's probably not contactless. It is also not on this list. In any case, it is worth mentioning that my Cit Costco Visa card (as well as my Amex Delta card) has the contactless symbol at the back of the card.

That list is user-contributed so it's not necessarily indicative. There are also numerous cases of the symbol actually being on the back of the card (most AmEx, for instance), which wouldn't show up in promotional materials. 

Anyway, considering that it's Citi, I'm not sure they're really committed to contactless technology in general. They're likely still doing it for co-branded cards if the partner company wants it, though, which is why at least the Costco card has it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.