Joined PenFed yesterday!!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Joined PenFed yesterday!!

@chnceit wrote:
WOW! Now that's a nice CL, congrats!

Thanks!  I "chanced it" !! LOL!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 21 of 96
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I know. Maybe they are not as strict about inqs anymore.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 22 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
I know. Maybe they are not as strict about inqs anymore.

Or new accounts because most of my accounts were opened within the last 6 months!   After reading about them in this forum, I was worried about that!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 23 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just joined Penfed after I read your post. I also applied for the credit card over the phone and I didn't get instant decision. The application forwarded to loan officer. Hopefully, I will hear from them within a day or two.

Ron.

Message 24 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I just joined Penfed after I read your post. I also applied for the credit card over the phone and I didn't get instant decision. The application forwarded to loan officer. Hopefully, I will hear from them within a day or two.

Ron.

Mine did the same thing, but only because I had a fraud alert on my EQ report.  I had to call them and after the call it was immediately approved.  I never actually spoke to a loan officer.  I also got the EMV chip, which I know nothing about!Woman LOL

Message 25 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron,

did they pick a credit limit for you like they did me?

Message 26 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Mine did the same thing, but only because I had a fraud alert on my EQ report.  I had to call them and after the call it was immediately approved.  I never actually spoke to a loan officer.  I also got the EMV chip, which I know nothing about!Woman LOL

Congrats on your approval!!!I didn't have EQ fraud alert.  I only had 4 inq on my EQ.  My EQ  FICO score was 801.  I applied over the phone for Platinum Rewards Visa and I didn't get instantly approved.  By the way, EMV chip is for travelling outside of country use.  I have to call them back to setup the pin later on today.

Ron.

Message 27 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron,

did they pick a credit limit for you like they did me?

They didn't pick the limit for me.  They asked me monthly income and other stuff. It came back pending upon approval. No big deal if I get denial. 

Ron.

Message 28 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Congrats on your approval!!!I didn't have EQ fraud alert.  I only had 4 inq on my EQ.  My EQ  FICO score was 801.  I applied over the phone for Platinum Rewards Visa and I didn't get instantly approved.  By the way, EMV chip is for travelling outside of country use.  I have to call them back to setup the pin later on today.

Ron.

I set up the pin during the online app.  With 801 and 4 inquiries you are sure to be approved!  My EQ FICO is 734.

Message 29 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

I set up the pin during the online app.  With 801 and 4 inquiries you are sure to be approved!  My EQ FICO is 734.

It didn't ask me to setup the pin. By the way, the utilization is 0%-1%.

Ron.

Message 30 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.