cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got My First Ever Sign Up Bonus!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got My First Ever Sign Up Bonus!!!

Thanks so much!
Message 31 of 37
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS  on your 1st SUB - those SUBs can be addictive!!! Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much and awesome job on the rebuild! I look to be there one day with you!

Message 33 of 37
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks so much and awesome job on the rebuild! I look to be there one day with you!

You're welcome and Thanks for the Rebuild comment!  You're off to an EXCELLENT start and Thanks for sharing your experience with the UBER card - it's now on my Goal List for 4% restaurant CB! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 34 of 37
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Congrats... hopefully the first of many!

Regarding Amex upgrade offers... your mileage may vary.  Different people get different offers.  When I had my BCE, I got an upgrade offer to BCP when it turned a year old, for the full $250 bonus.  Minus the annual fee, that would've been a $155 net bonus.

Also don't forget retention bonuses.  If you call asking to cancel your card, they MIGHT offer a bonus for you to keep it.  Typically this is only on cards that have a decent amount of spend on them.  They'll only offer this every couple years or so.

Message 35 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Regarding Amex upgrade offers... your mileage may vary.  Different people get different offers.  When I had my BCE, I got an upgrade offer to BCP when it turned a year old, for the full $250 bonus.  Minus the annual fee, that would've been a $155 net bonus.

Also don't forget retention bonuses.  If you call asking to cancel your card, they MIGHT offer a bonus for you to keep it.  Typically this is only on cards that have a decent amount of spend on them.  They'll only offer this every couple years or so.

Yes, I got the $150 BCP upgrade offer with AF waived (so $5 less than yours, but no money down!)  Today the fee became due so I had it converted back to a BCE  Lets see if I did it too early so that I won't get offers again.

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Awesome! Thanks so much! Hopefully I get an upgrade offer but since I've only had the card 2 weeks, I have a long way Smiley Happy The CSR told me to make sure I'm using it at grocery stores and gas stations because they look at that type of activity. My main spend is grocery anyway so it wouldn't be hard.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.