Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Card: Problem Adding AU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes Card: Problem Adding AU

When I added an AU to my card this morning the prompts only requested a name and birthdate. No SS# or address. How do they know who to report as AU to the CRAs? I asked in CHAT but was told they report to the CRAs & they make do with only that information.

Sounds wonky to me. Who's had experience with this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lowes Card: Problem Adding AU

Nothing wonky IMO.  I've added a variety of AUs to my SYNCB CCs and they've only asked for those 2 pieces of information.  About the only one that asked for SS# was CareCredit a long time ago. 

If the AU information you provide has cognitive data (name, DOB, address*) that matches CRA parameters, then that's how it's added.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Nothing wonky IMO.  I've added a variety of AUs to my SYNCB CCs and they've only asked for those 2 pieces of information.  About the only one that asked for SS# was CareCredit a long time ago. 

If the AU information you provide has cognitive data (name, DOB, address*) that matches CRA parameters, then that's how it's added.

Well, that's reassuring. Thank you, Fin.

Follow-up questions:

1) I added AU yesterday & my account already shows it as such; Lowes reports my info to CRAs on the 23rd -- should the AU expect it to show this quickly on the AU's report?

2) The AU has only two revolving accounts (1 bank; 1 retail), so will this card "count" as the 3rd revolving card necessary for optimized scoring purposes? 

3) Any caveats of the unintended consequences variety I should look out for? 

Message 3 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Sometimes adding AU will force mid cycle reporting. It's happened to me with Synch and Disco. After that, they reported again on statement date.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.