cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Card: Problem Adding AU

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Lowes Card: Problem Adding AU

When I added an AU to my card this morning the prompts only requested a name and birthdate. No SS# or address. How do they know who to report as AU to the CRAs? I asked in CHAT but was told they report to the CRAs & they make do with only that information.

Sounds wonky to me. Who's had experience with this?

Thanks.

Starting Score: (5/24/2018) -- FICO 08 EXP: 643; FICO 08 TU: 642; FICO 08 EQ: 677
Current Score (10/17/2019): FICO 08 EXP: 739; TU: 744; EQ: 749
2019 Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Lowes Card: Problem Adding AU

Nothing wonky IMO.  I've added a variety of AUs to my SYNCB CCs and they've only asked for those 2 pieces of information.  About the only one that asked for SS# was CareCredit a long time ago. 

If the AU information you provide has cognitive data (name, DOB, address*) that matches CRA parameters, then that's how it's added.

Message 2 of 4
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Nothing wonky IMO.  I've added a variety of AUs to my SYNCB CCs and they've only asked for those 2 pieces of information.  About the only one that asked for SS# was CareCredit a long time ago. 

If the AU information you provide has cognitive data (name, DOB, address*) that matches CRA parameters, then that's how it's added.

Well, that's reassuring. Thank you, Fin.

Follow-up questions:

1) I added AU yesterday & my account already shows it as such; Lowes reports my info to CRAs on the 23rd -- should the AU expect it to show this quickly on the AU's report?

2) The AU has only two revolving accounts (1 bank; 1 retail), so will this card "count" as the 3rd revolving card necessary for optimized scoring purposes? 

3) Any caveats of the unintended consequences variety I should look out for? 

Starting Score: (5/24/2018) -- FICO 08 EXP: 643; FICO 08 TU: 642; FICO 08 EQ: 677
Current Score (10/17/2019): FICO 08 EXP: 739; TU: 744; EQ: 749
2019 Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sometimes adding AU will force mid cycle reporting. It's happened to me with Synch and Disco. After that, they reported again on statement date.  

EX 759 EQ 774 TU 753

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.