Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest APR on Rewards Cards

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Lowest APR on Rewards Cards

How low is yours? Discover advertises 10.99%+ however some people have reported as low as 7.99%. I'm curious how low they can go especially on Citi TY and CSP cards, mine are 13.99% and 15.24% respectively.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowest APR on Rewards Cards

State Department Federal Credit Union (SDFCU) offers rewards with a card as low as 6.99 APR.

Message 2 of 42
jsucool76
Super Contributor

and as far as citi TY cards...from what I've heard thank you points aren't worth anything anyways Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 42
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Wife's TYP is 10.24%, but she PC'd to this and the APR stayed the same. I was surprised, since the application said it would by 15 something. She also has an Amex clear at 6.99% that is left over from some promotion years ago. I don't know if you consider that a rewards card, although she does get an Amex GC every time she spends $2500.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 4 of 42
Imua
Frequent Contributor

my chase freedom apr is 9.79%

Message 5 of 42
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Citi Thank You Preferred 6.74 %

Message 6 of 42
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Damn...Im getting jealous now...my lowest APR (not counting 0% intro) is 13.24%...which is also an intro with my WF card. 

Message 7 of 42
mab6311
New Contributor

Benton wrote:

State Department Federal Credit Union (SDFCU) offers rewards with a card as low as 6.99 APR.

I have to say i never heard of that card but i have to say i might apply No foreign transaction fees and low apr and no fee, yea the points i would just get gift cards but still seams like a very nice card. 

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who around here shops for the cost of cash when looking for a card? The same way you do for a car loan or mortgage?

Message 9 of 42
RonDawg
Contributor

US Bank Cash + card 7.99%

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.