Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys credit Limt

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys credit Limt

@wreith wrote:

I am doing a secure chat with macys.  I was informed it would be a HP, I went ahead anyways.  I asked for a incease up to $300 from y current $1800, I was informed I was not eligible for that but could be raised to $2400 and increase of $600.  I said go ahead.  Will keep any eye out for any alerts and let you know if any pop up.

That's what I'm always told too... last time via chat also... it's instant and it's in the computer already based on the sp they always do... NO HP DONE!

Congrats btw.

Message 11 of 31
wreith
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@wreith wrote:

I am doing a secure chat with macys.  I was informed it would be a HP, I went ahead anyways.  I asked for a incease up to $300 from y current $1800, I was informed I was not eligible for that but could be raised to $2400 and increase of $600.  I said go ahead.  Will keep any eye out for any alerts and let you know if any pop up.

That's what I'm always told too... last time via chat also... it's instant and it's in the computer already based on the sp they always do... NO HP DONE!

Congrats btw.

Thanks.  I had thought about being really brave and asking for 5K Smiley Very Happy  but thought better of that lol.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 12 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@wreith wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@wreith wrote:

Congrats btw.

Thanks.  I had thought about being really brave and asking for 5K Smiley Very Happy  but thought better of that lol.

it doesn't matter at all... it counters the same regardless and it doesn't change rather it's a sp or hard pull....

last request from my partner on his macy's amex was $1100 and asked for $5k, it countered $2k.

Message 13 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

For now DONT REQUEST your UTL is high, my sister requested a CLI via HP and it was denied it has also been a year since opened and also has a $300 CL Smiley Sad Her UTL was at 30% which is still considerd high. Card has been SD for now.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 14 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They actually pulled HP... You pulled credit after to check?
Macy's was at 30% or all credit?
What is score and other credit?
Macy's does cli as often as every 3 months... Something seems off.
Message 15 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Experian was at 30% ULT, Experian FICO was 703, and yes thats what seemed strange because with a $300CL you can use up $150 and pay it off which was what my sister was doing. Yet she never received an auto cli.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 16 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have never gotten auto cli from Macy's either.
So now I'm confused by your post about HP and such.
Message 17 of 31
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I have never gotten auto cli from Macy's either.
So now I'm confused by your post about HP and such.

I'm confused too....

I opened my account in October with a $900 CL and I requested a CLI in December and July, both approved for increases of $400 each bringing my total CL to $1700.  It was all done thru SP.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 18 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

She requested a cli via chat and the rep said that only the system will tell if it will be a HP or SP, We felt confident about the cli since it has been 1 year since acct open with good usage, and good credit. After 2 mins or so she came back and told us sorry but we cant grant you a cli at this time blah blah blah. Shes gone close to her limit and yet they dont increase the CL, so for now it will get SD.

Message 19 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What other credit does she have? Any negatives? Know score?
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.