Did you mean: 

Marriott Travel Package Mapping For Certificates

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Marriott Travel Package Mapping For Certificates

https://thepointsguy.com/news/marriott-conversion-travel-package-certificates/

To those that tried to gamble on holding their certificates hoping to cash in with the conversion...ouch.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Marriott Travel Package Mapping For Certificates

I think it turned out pretty fair. My own Cat8 would have remapped to a hotel that got moved to the new Cat5.

Message 2 of 7
Saleen099
Senior Contributor
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

6D702263-54EA-420C-AA50-B8D0723CCCC2.png

Message 4 of 7
redpat
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I think it turned out pretty fair. My own Cat8 would have remapped to a hotel that got moved to the new Cat5.

My cat 8 got screwed but tier 4 ok, 1-1.

I’m so glad I’m done with Marriott for now.  I’m sitting in my SPG room where I’ll get 4K MR points rather than new crappy Marriott points, whew.....Off to dinner.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I’m so glad I’m done with Marriott for now.  I’m sitting in my SPG room where I’ll get 4K MR points rather than new crappy Marriott points, whew.....Off to dinner.

How did you get screwed?  If you got a certificate and attached it to a hotel you still can get the hotel for what you wanted.  I am confused as why people are saying they that Marriott did anything to them.  

Message 6 of 7
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

How did you get screwed?  If you got a certificate and attached it to a hotel you still can get the hotel for what you wanted.  I am confused as why people are saying they that Marriott did anything to them.  

I didn’t attach the cat 8 and 8 didn’t map to new cat 6 as I was hoping.  I just don’t like the devaluation coming with there new off and high crap, along w/ gold no breakfast.  

In addition, I don’t understand the lack of communication regarding their travel packages.  So chances are I’m going to have to pay more for less if I stuck w/ Marriott.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.