Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Synchrony Account Closure Thread

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed all account

I just calculated my total exposure including my Venmo approval puts me at 84,300. Honestly this is crazy cuz I do not need all that credit . Removing all those accounts puts me at 485,000$ available credit . Which is still too much. I think I need to re evaluate my portfolio! I consider this a blessing from synchrony as now my eyes are wide open. 

hoping my venmo card comes today so I can activate it and see what happens. 

Message 901 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate seeing this happen to so many people and hopefully for those who do want to regain accounts, that they will in time.

@QteeQu1 , you mentioned that your scores went way down after your cards were closed. It sounds like much of your synchrony credit was padding the usage on your other cards? If so, I would pay those down before attempting to reopen any more cards from Synch in order to boost your odds.

Message 902 of 1,099
texasman07
Established Contributor

So help me figure this one out? 

I got my Venmo card, activated . Logged out. Logged in. 25 k limit . 
not closed . 

what ? Why didn't this card get closed ?

Message 903 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea, but I would tread lightly with using it and certainly not buy anything you can't pay off in full in case they're just behind by a couple days.

Message 904 of 1,099
texasman07
Established Contributor

Good idea. Happy at least they left me with a 25k. 

Message 905 of 1,099
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate seeing this happen to so many people and hopefully for those who do want to regain accounts, that they will in time.

@QteeQu1 , you mentioned that your scores went way down after your cards were closed. It sounds like much of your synchrony credit was padding the usage on your other cards? If so, I would pay those down before attempting to reopen any more cards from Synch in order to boost your odds.

Same. This is why I won't open more than my Verizon. I just don't trust Synch. Not knowing their hocus pocus Mumbo jumbo. 
While we see some patterns, this lender is just way too unpredictable for me.

Message 906 of 1,099
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same. This is why I won't open more than my Verizon. I just don't trust Synch. Not knowing their hocus pocus Mumbo jumbo. 
While we see some patterns, this lender is just way too unpredictable for me.

Honestly opening one is same as 3 or 5. The risk is always there.  I havent had any issues so far , knock on wood, but with my current knowledge, if i had to reapply for any Sync cards even ones with good bennies i probably wouldnt. Ones first instinct is usually correct. Now wheres that darn Superman card?Smiley Wink

Message 907 of 1,099
texasman07
Established Contributor

Got my letters for all 14 closed accounts . 

HIGH RISK FAILURE TO PAY.

which means too much liability 

my reports are Clean with no issues. 

at least I still have my 25k venmo

Message 908 of 1,099
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

Got my letters for all 14 closed accounts . 

HIGH RISK FAILURE TO PAY.

which means too much liability 

my reports are Clean with no issues. 

at least I still have my 25k venmo

Oh wow!  So sorry that happened.  Do you remember any of your VS4?  Had it dropped?  So curious if VS4 actually plays a part in their decision making.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 909 of 1,099
texasman07
Established Contributor

Sorry don't know my VS4. But nothing has changed except new accounts and INq

Message 910 of 1,099
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.